Saved.

a/n: requested

+

We had been on the boats for days or even for months. I was seated in the back of the wooden boat and I looked to the front where Ragnar was seated. We were sailing towards England. Excitement pulsed through my body as my eyes desperately searched for land.

I looked Ragnar in the eyes and he only raised his brow with a smirk. I shook my head before continuing to look at the sea. I sat next to three cages with black ravens. We had released one a few days ago but it came back. I took one of them in my lap before opening it. The black raven quickly flew out from the cage and up in the sky. I felt Ragnar's eyes burn on the side of my skull but I decided to ignore him.

The raven didn't return. I couldn't describe the relief flowing through my body when the thought of land being close. That night I had closed my eyes with a smile on my face when I realized I can enter the battle field tomorrow. The calm waves rocked my body into deep slumber and I could not prey to the gods that I would see land when I woke up.

When my body jolted awake the boat stood still and it was empty. I quickly sat up and saw land. I quickly stood up and walked towards Ragnar who talked to Björn next to the men who prepared for our stay. The son of Ragnar nodded in my direction causing Ragnar to turn around. A smile spread across his lips as he saw me.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I snapped and Ragnar only rolled his eyes. He placed his hand around my waist and looked me in the eyes.

"Because I need my woman strong when we raid today," He said and I rolled my eyes. He laughed before kissing my temple then releasing my waist. I let my eyes wander around the foreign land. There was trees surrounding the beach. 

Excitement ran through my body as I felt my feet sink in the sand. I wanted to take my shield, bow and sword then head off in the foreign land. Explore it secrets and riches.

Hundreds of us stood on an open field. Facing us were yet another hundred enemies from King Aella and the king himself. I got my sword in my hand and a shield as I was prepared to fight. Our men with bows and arrow aimed to shoot. Soon thousands of arrows soon flew threw the air, looking like a swarm of flies.

Some of King Aella's men got hit and soon they attacked. They shot arrows back and we formed a shield wall. As we started to run towards them, the sound of our roar was heard, it echoed through the open field and into the woods as Aella's men started to run towards us. Our roars mixed and soon the sound of metal and wood clashing together was heard.

A soldier ran towards me with a sword and I dodged it with my shield before pushing forward making him stumble back. Then as pushed my shield to the side I hit the man with my sword in his stomach. Other men attacked and I felt hot blood cover my face. I looked around and saw Björn kill a soldier with his sword before hitting anther one. I felt proud over him how much he had grown as both a man and a soldier.

As I focused on Björn I didn't notice a man run towards me. However his dead body dropped to the ground and I saw Floki give me a smile before continuing with the others. I saw King Aella on his horse slowly make his way towards Ragnar. I quickly made my way towards Ragnar and killed men on my way.

Two men attacked me at once which I dodged and survived, one got my sword in his skull and the other I sliced his throat with my axe. Looked back at Ragnar again but he wasn't there anymore. I tried to look for Björn but I couldn't find him either. However I saw Rollo and Floki kill King Aella's men.

Soon one man ran towards me on his horse. The horse stood up on his feet and I backed away by surprise but stumbled on a dead body. I fell back and dropped my sword. As the horse went back on all four the soldier on top striker with his sword. I blocked it with my shield however the man jumped off to the the upper hand. He stood above me and continued to strike with his sword.

"Y/N?" A voice yelled but I couldn't focus on that when the man continued to hit with his sword. Soon he dropped to the ground with an arrow through his head. I quickly got up on my feet to find my sword.

"Y/N!" The same voice yelled and I wasn't prepared for another soldier running towards me in full speed. My body fell to the ground once more. Black spots were visible when I still tried to find my sword. The soldier were about to attack when I saw Ragnar quickly push his sword through his head and the soldier fell to the ground. As my vision slowly disappeared I saw Ragnar killing men who tried to attack me.

Then it went black.

It was silent and peaceful. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a small fire on my left side. I was laying inside a large tent. I sat up and felt pain spread from my hip. A smaller scar was visible and I frowned.

"How are your feeling?" The familiar voice spoke and I jumped from surprise. I looked up and saw Ragnar with his hands crossed over his chest. His clothes were drenched in crimson blood and his face still stained with the enemies blood.

"My stomach is aching, what happened?" I asked as he walked over to me. A sigh left his lips as he took a seat on a chair next to me. His blue eyes were filled with pain which made me worry. Ragnar took my hands in his before leaving a kiss on each one. "You're making me worried, Husband." I mumbled before our eyes met.

"It's just that I was close to loosing you yesterday," Ragnar said truthfully with a pained expression before forcing a smile.

"But you saved me," I said and gave him a warm smile. I placed a hand on his cheek and his eyes closed to enjoy the feeling.

"Not fast enough, they still hurt you." Ragnar said and I shook my head with a smile. I pulled him closer to peck his lips then I looked him in the eyes.

"But I'm not dead yet am I? My fearless and strong husband saved me," I said and he smiled before kissing me on the lips.

"The god's didn't think it was your time to leave yet, wife." He spoke in-between kisses. "They have great things planned for you," He continued and I smiled.

"With you next to me,"

"Always,"

+

Ah, it was harder than I could imagine to write about Ragnar my babe.