Mountain spy.

I lived in the mountains alone. I had always enjoyed my own company so when I had turned twenty I left my old village. My parents had died in a raid when I was fifteen, my father being a Viking and my mother a shield maiden. When they had died another family took care of me who  had treated me badly. I had found a smaller hut in the mountains far away from people.

I ate what could hunt in the woods and in the smaller streams. The sky was covered in white clouds as I walked through the woods. Some black birds were flying high in the sky. A few years ago I would've envied their freedom, now I was as free as them. Living on my own terms without any harsh punishments or rules.

As I walked past hundreds of fir-trees I heard a loud growl from a bear. I picked up my pace and ran towards the sound. The bear sounded angry and the growl was louder as I got closer. My body froze as I spotted the big brown bear and a man. I hid behind a fir-tree as I observed the man who bravely fought the beast. Even though it was a big bear, the man looked tall, well built and strong.

I watched in awe when the stranger fought the bear. Even though I had experience with all the mountain animals I would never take on a bear. He got some strong hits and cuts from the bear however her stood up every time and attacked. The usual rich brown fur on the bears shoulder were now covered in blood.

As the bear attacked the man moved away, dodged the bear attack and quickly striking it with his axe. When the bear turned around the man quickly hit it with his axe once again into the thick bear skull. I let out a big breath as the bear fell onto the ground, defeated by this man. With wide eyes I saw the man scream on the top of his lungs which echoed through the mountains, traveling further and further away.

I had no idea how long I had observed the man, however the sky had turned a darker shade of grey. He had gotten the bear to a smaller hut surrounded by some trees, skinned it and lit a fire. Admiration and a bit of worry for the man I had walked closer. I stood behind his hut and all I could see when I peeked around the corner was only half his front. He breathed quickly and every breath were rugged.

I bit my lips as I took in his features this close. His blond hair and those light eyes that held determination, power and pain. Cheekbones and a very prominent jawline that probably could cut me to pieces. The white crispy snow were red beneath him from the large animal who's fur hung between two poles to dry. A metallic sent from blood was lingering in the air but the wind covered it up pretty good.

What worried me was the pain he seemed to be in. His body still seemed to be filled with adrenaline from the attack which didn't speak for me to make contact since he could attack but his state made me worry. His clothing revealed his heritage, he's a viking warrior.

I took an arrow and my bow, got ready to strike back if he tried anything. Before I could do anything a black raven landed on a tree beside me and caught the man's attention. He stood on his feet and gripped an axe. I took a few steps back to hide but soon the sound of muffled steps in the snow was heard.

"Don't even think about it!" I said sternly as he turned the corner. My heart was beating fast in my chest as I aimed at the man. His eyes widen in surprise and I nodded towards his axe. "Drop it," I said and his fists turned white from his tight grip.

"Who are you?" He asked and I understood every word. He was a viking for sure, from around. Since he didn't listen to my command I shot the arrow and it quickly landed a few inches beside his head before quickly getting ready with another one.

"I said. Drop. It." I said slowly but he still refused to follow my demands and he smirked. I raised my brow at the challenge before tensioning the bow. I shot another arrow which slightly cut his temple before landing on the hut beside the other one.

When I was about to pick another one up he rushed at me before slamming my body against the hut. The air was knocked out from my lungs. He held a firm grip over my neck with his arm. My feet was off the ground as he held me against the hut with his body.

"Who are you?" He asked once more and you saw the wound he had on his shoulder. It bled pretty badly but he didn't flinch as he held me captive.

"Y/n," I answer and he only gave me a nod. My bow and arrows had fell to the cold ground and he kicked them away before releasing his grip on me. Instead he gripped my wrist and pushed be back to the fire. Pushing me down on a small stump before taking a seat on another one. I saw a knife laying in the fire with its blade as he observed his injury. He took the knife and breathed heavy as he only looked at it.

"I can do it," I offered and he laughed.

"I'm not stupid," He said as he raised his hand.

"If I wanted to kill you I would've done that before that bear gave you that wound." I snapped at him and snatched the knife from his hand.

"You saw me?" He said with a frown and I nodded.

"Move your hands so you don't get burned," I said as I stood infront of him before hunching down. I bit my lip as I saw the blood oozing out from his wound. The wind blew hard and the snowflakes felt like blades cutting into the skin. I felt his eyes on me the whole time as I placed the sharp blade over his wound before pressing it down. A loud scream left his mouth and he gripped my shoulder harshly as I kept pushing it against his wound.

When I was done I placed the knife on the ground. The weather grew even more violent and I started to look for my bow so I could head back home. I could feel his eyes burn into my back as I kept looking. It had probably been buried by the snow. I gave up on the search and started to walk towards the dark woods.

"Hey, where are you going?!" The man who I yet didn't know his name yelled at me over the loud wind.

"I'm going home," I yelled back.

"Where do you live?" He asked and I turned around to face him.

"In the mountains," I said and pointed higher up in the woods.

"You cant walk there now, you'll freeze to death!" He yelled before walking over to me. He hugged his cloak closer to his body to keep warm. "You can stay here until the storm have calmed down," He continued and I hook my head with a smirk.

"I don't stay with people who tries to kill me!" I answered and he chuckled.

"If I remember correctly you seemed to be threatening me first," He said as a harsh wind almost blew me to the grund. I looked at him and nodded as I felt the cold. I wouldn't survive a walk back home.

"I don't even know your name," I said as I bit my lip. " and for all I know you might rape me or kill me," I mumbled and he probably didn't hear due to the wind.

"I'm Björn Ironside and I wont hur you as long as you don't do anything stupid." He yelled over the wind.

"Okay, Björn." 

-

ah, I just have a thing for Björn stories. A small crush is developing on this man. Damn you Alexander Ludwig... ;)