Being the younger sister of Björn, Ubbe, Hvitserk, Sigurd and Ivar Pt.1

au: this story is nothing like the series. Aslaug is still alive and everything's calm. Björn and his brothers are a little older. Ivar who's the youngest is around 21 here and you around 20. Sorry if anything is confusing. enjoy ;)

+

You and your brothers were laying in the green grass except for Björn only looking at the sky. The sky was blue for once and you had currently left the conversation as you focused on the birds flying high above ground surrounded by freedom. Your hair that had been looking more like a birds nest this morning had been contained in a high ponytail then braided as you were dressed in black pants and a matching shirt. Your combat clothes that usually clothed your body.

Ever since you were little you had always played with boys, not really being comfortable around girls. You liked to fight, sail and hunt. All your brothers including your parents had been supportive but had raised their brows when you were little and told them you wanted to follow your father Ragnar to raid for the first time. At the age of five they had accepted that their "little" girl wanted to become an equal on the field. Ragnar had been the first to accept that his little girl wanted to battle when your mother Aslaug had thought it was just a phase had been worried when you began to train; realizing that you were indeed serious and had a possibility to die young miles away from her protective embrace.

"You're awfully quiet sister," Ubbe said and brought you back to the conversation. You blinked a few times before answering that you were lost in your thoughts. "What thoughts?" Hvitserk asked curiously with a small laugh and you rolled your eyes.

"My childhood, my dear brothers," You said dreamily as the memory of baby you carrying the big and heavy sword to the boats. "My childhood." You mumbled quietly with a pleased smile.

"You were stubborn little thing," Sigurd said mockingly as they all laughed at the memory. You rolled your eyes once more as a groan left your lips. You closed you eyes as you heard them laugh.

"Yeah, remember that one time when father were going on a raid and she carried that sword?" Ubbe said as he laughed and the rest hummed but you only crossed your arms over your chest even if you were laying down in irritation.

"Well more like dragged it behind her. It was longer and heavier than her," Ivar said as he chuckled.

"And then demanded that she had to come with them so they had the slightest chance to win!" Hvitserk said as they bursted out laughing loudly. You sat up and shot them some daggers each. You remembered that day like it was yesterday. How your father had proudly lifted you up in his arms and promised that one day in the future you could come. Everyone had chuckled at you being so enthusiastic and adorable. Floki had even promised you that day he would build you a boat for your raids.

"You're just jealous that I was right," You snapped at them. They ignored your words as they continued to laugh. You quickly stood onto you feet, getting ready to leave.

"I'm glad I could cheer up your day," You said before leaving, stomping away angrily as you could still hear their laugh ringing in your ears. As you got back to the village. You needed to get your mind off things so you walked over to a familiar hut and knocked. Nobody opened to your surprise so you went to the great hall. You spotted your mother, Lagertha and Björn talking.

"Have you seen Erik?" You asked and they shook their heads.

"Why are you even friends with that guy?" Björn asked before taking a sip from whatever he had in his cup, probably mead.

"Because you should have something to ask about," You spat quietly as you knew his hatred for your young male friend.

"Erik's a nice boy Y/n," Lagertha said with a kind smile and you blushed as you nodded. Björn saw your cheeks heat up and his fist almost broke the cup in his hand. You rolled your eyes before crossing you arms over you chest.

"Is he your beloved?" Your mother, Aslaug, asked and Björn roughly placed his cup onto the wooden table. The slaves in the room even jumped at his actions.

"Who's with who?" Ubbe asked as him and the rest of your brothers walked inside to eat and you only rolled your eyes.

"Y/n. She's sleeping with that Erik guy," Björn said before stuffing his face with food with an angry frown on his face. The rest of you brothers faces sunk as they looked at you. Ivar looked more disgusted and angry than the rest.

"I'm not sleeping with Erik!" You yelled and Björn only rolled his eyes as Aslaug tried to shut them up. Suddenly Erik walked inside with a heavy barrel of water. All your brothers sat up straight to look more intimidating as they looked down on Erik. His blond hair was in a simple single braid. His eyes darken as smile fell as he sensed the tension in the room.

"Erik, we were just talking about you!" Ubbe said and you shot him daggers before looking back at Erik. Erik looked surprised and uncomfortable as his eyes searched for yours for some kind of explanation.

"What about me, Prince Ubbe?" Erik asked politely and his voice surprisingly strong which made you smile widely how he tried.

"Are you fücking our sister?" Ivar asked from nowhere and your eyes widen. Almost choking on your spit. Your mother scolded him for using those words at dinner but Ivar ignored her and shot daggers at your friend. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Ivar taunted.

"Shut up Ivar! Come on Erik, let's go," You quickly said as you almost dragged him with you outside with your arm hooked in his. A blush creeped onto you cheeks before you tried to think of a perfect timing to chop off you brothers balls and feed them to the pigs. 

"Yep, definitely fücking each other," You heard someone mumbled from inside using you to roll your eyes before giving Erik an apologetic look but he only shrugged his shoulder before winking at you.