Is the child my husbands?

a/n: requested. 

+

Months had passed since we had started to sleep together. We had tried for such a long time to get me with child. Ivar who had a harder time to get some form of sexual arousal had been devastated each time I had started to bleed. His horrible mood when he was faced with the monthly blood stains and my moody behavior. It usually led to us fighting and then sleeping together to ease the tension. All my cuts on my body were the proof of it.

Ivar was rough in bed, yet never taking it too far so I couldn't handle it. He dominated me in bed and I loved it. Yet I knew it hurt him a lot when I didn't get pregnant. The last months I hide any sign of blood. I had talked to Helga and she had urged me to talk to the seer since he would know out of everyone.

So today was the day. I walked slowly towards the seer. A lump had formed in my chest and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know. I didn't want to know if I wouldn't since that would mean Ivar would be really angry and disappointed. When I saw the old man ahead I took a deep breath. His black cloak almost covered his body and created a mysterious shadow over his face outside.

"Y/N," The seer said as I approached him. I didn't have the time to speak as he walked inside the cabin with his cane like stick with the deer skull on the top. I took a deep breath before entering the dark cabin. Minimal light entered, the sun bleeding through the small cracks. He sat down on the chair and motioned for me to sit down in front of him. I obeyed and took a deep breath before speaking.

"What does the gods think of me?" I asked and the seer remained silent.

"The gods always smile down on strong women," The seer said and I simply nodded. "The future hold great things for them who seek it," He continued and I only looked at him.

"Will I have any children with Ivar?" I asked with my heart heavy in my chest. I would be devastated if the gods wouldn't grant such a great warrior and man like Ivar. What Ivar have and will accomplish they should shower him in luxurious things like children. I desperately gripped the chair he was sitting on. It felt like if the gods said no I would slip into this deep black hole and the only thing that would save me was me clinging by this chair.

"I see a child," The seer spoke and I felt it hit me. "A child in your embrace with your face," He continued and I felt like my grip on the chair would crush it due to my grip tightened.

"Is the child his?" I asked and moved closer.

"Is the child his?" He repeated and I held my breath. His silence made me want to grip his shoulder and shake the answer out of him.

"Is the child Ivar's?" I raised my voice. My breath rugged as pearls of sweat covered my forehead.

"You will bare a child that just looks like you," He almost repeated myself and I got impatient and I growled. I stood up, getting ready to leave. "They know you know the answer," He said as I approached the door. I sucked in a breath as I peaked over my shoulder. The seer looked at me and shivers ran down my spine. I felt to vulnerable to him, like he saw the whole me and I started to get uncomfortable.

"But what if I don't like the answer?" I started. "What if they're wrong like with Lagertha, what if she actually can bear more sons to Ragnar but their words made her stop!" I raised my voice.

"The gods are never wrong Y/N, or else you wouldn't be upset now," The seer said and I snorted.

"I will never carry anyone's child accept the heir to Ivar Boneless!" I scoffed and the seer hummed. "I love him and I will never hurt him by doing that," My voice cracked at the end. Involuntarily licked his hand before storming out. Tears ran down my cheeks as I walked home. I cursed the gods over and over.

I was afraid he would leave me. To find someone else that magically could carry his child. I knew how much it would mean to him and I wanted nothing more to prove people wrong who ever said otherwise about my husband being less of a man.

I walked inside my home and Ivar sat by the fire. He gave me a smile as our eyes locked but his soon faded.

"Why are you crying?" He asked and patted on the chair next to him. I sat down and wiped my tears before looking at him. I slammed my lips on his, I needed it. The gods were messing with me and I needed support from my husband. I just wanted him to hold me close to his chest, stroke my hair and whisper that everything would be alright in my ear.

"I wont bear you a child Ivar," I blurred out as I pulled away. Tears threatened to fall once again as I looked at him expression. Soon the sad one got replaced by anger as his jaw clenched. "The gods are saying that I won't, that I can't," I continued.

"Baby..." He started but I cut him off.

"I just don't understand why, I want to bear you many sons but they wont let me. I don't understand what other great plans they got for you that they can't grant you children!" I said as hot tears ran down my cheek. Ivar wiped them away with his thumbs.

"I don't understand what's bigger and better than raising your own children!" I said after a while and Ivar pulled me into his embrace. He rubbed my back as I cried into his chest. I had no idea how long we sat there, it felt like days but neither one of us moved or rushed anything.

"It's not your fault," Ivar finally spoke. "Never accuse yourself for this,"

+

Fist one published, I have written around four of your requests and I have about 16 left. I think I got around 20 requests from you guys, INSANE! <3

I will randomly publish the stories as I write them. Bare with me! Have a great day/night! x