Betrayal.

You walked towards yours and Ubbe's shared hut. The clouds were covering the sun and fog were seen in distance. A small smile were formed on your lip as you just had visited Helga for some talking and catching up. You had grown close to the woman pretty quickly and you adored Floki almost like a father. He always seemed to look out for you when we were raiding.

"Y/n!" You turned around and spottet a worried Hvitserk. He waved you over and you obeyed, reminding yourself to hurry back home to talk to Ubbe after.

"What's up, Hvitserk?" You asked with a frown and he looked uneasy. Pretty unusual for him. He usually kept on flirting with you even after you got married to Ubbe. Always making you smile and laugh with his incredibly bad jokes.

"I was... I was wondering if you would like to shoot some arrows in the woods? To train." He asked and you thought abut it. He seemed pretty upset and you nodded when you tried to think of a way to lighten his mood. Probably some combat would ease his tight ass.

We walked together inside the woods to their typical shooting range. You were alone which you oddly appreciated. You got an arrow ready and aimed at the deer head hanging a few feet away. The arrow shot straight through the eye.

"Bullseye!" You exclaimed happily and he gave you a nod before shooting one himself. It landed way off target and he groaned.

"Is everything all right Hvitserk?" You asked and he nodded before shooting another one. He missed another time and you frowned. Ivar was the best shooter but Hvitserk wasn't usually that far behind.

"Are you sure?" You asked and he nodded. "You know you can tell me," You said and he let out a sigh.

"I'm fine," Hvitserk snapped and you groaned before walking away. You didn't need his bad mood today. He had asked you and kept on being difficult. Today had so far been a great day and you didn't need Hvitserk's angry mood to blow out your spark.

You walked towards your hut once again without being disturbed.You had seen Björn walking outside the great hall and you gave him a kind smile which he returned. As you got closer to your hut you heard loud moans from inside the hut. Your pace got quicker and soon you were inside.

Your eyes widen when you saw your so called husband thrusting inside Margrethe. Neither of them seemed to notice you standing there so you cleared your throat loudly. Both their eyes widen when they saw you. Betrayal washed over your body like a wave. Just like drowning you felt yourself sink deeper and deeper. At the same time anger and hate started to flow through your veins.

"Y/n -"

"Shut up and get out!" You yelled at them and Margrethe did as she was told. Almost half naked she ran out from the hut as Ubbe got dressed. You quickly took his shirt that was thrown at the floor close to the door. You threw it outside as it felt like your would pass out from the anger.

"Let me -"

"Just get out, I don't want to hear shallow excuses Ubbe." You yelled at him. Tears threatened to spill from your eyes and you didn't know if it was sadness, anger or both at the same time. Ubbe walked up to you but you pushed him away. You pushed him one more time, causing him to fall to the ground outside onto the wet soil.

You didn't care if people were watching. You saw red when you looked at Ubbe. The imagines of him and Margrethe flashed before your eyes as their moans echoed through your head.

"Fück you Ubbe! You're a disgusting piece of shït, may Thor strike you dead!" You screamed at him before slamming the door shut. Your body shook from anger and adrenaline. Tears spilled from your eyes and soon your cheeks were covered your the salty tears. Still high on adrenaline you started to throw things around the hut. Breaking plates and other meaningless things. A small fire burned in the middle and it took you everything not to throw a burning stick onto the bed where they had been.

"Y/n?" Your name was heard somewhere in the background of your anger. You didn't stop, you couldn't. You were disgusted and soon your stomach emptied itself onto the floor. The ache in your chest being almost to much to carry.

"Y/n?" A worried Helga walked inside and saw your meltdown. Your body still shook as you sat down onto the cold floor. She ran up to you and held you close to her chest. Helga rocked your body from side to side as she rubbed your back.

"Shh..." She hummed and you slowly calmed down. The tears that spilled from your eyes slowly ran down your pink cheeks. You closed your eyes as you felt oddly tired. Helga's warm embrace and slow rocking made you fell asleep. Finding peace in the black void that welcomed you.

omniscient p.o.w

Ubbe sat on the porch outside the great hall. Tears threatened to spill from his blue eyes. Björn threw his cloak at him as he came outside. Anger floded through the older brothers veins as he looked Ubbe. Y/n had become an almost like a sister to all the brothers.

Hvitserk came walking with Sigurd from the woods. Small talk were shared between the young men as they greeted Björn and Ubbe. A deep frown occupied the space between Hvitserk's brows as he saw the disgusted expression on their oldest brothers face those few seconds he seemed to bare to look at Ubbe.

"What's up?" Sigurd asked and Björn only snorted as he side eyed Ubbe. Hvitserk's eyes widen as he saw an upset Helga walk out from Ubbe's tent in the corner of his eyes.

"She found out?" Hvitserk asked sadly and Björn snorted once more at his brothers.

"You knew?!" Björn almost growled. Björn felt disgust and disappointment flooding through his body like venom.

"Knew what?" Sigurd asked as his eyes shifted between his older brothers. Ubbe only kept quiet as he blinked a few times. A tear slowly spilled from his eyes as his body seemed to shut down. The heavy heart in his body pumped regret and disappointment through his body.

Floki had heard the news from his wife. His body shook from anger and he easily broke the piece of wood he held in his hands before storming outside his home by the water. Quick and determinate steps carried his body quickly towards the young boy sitting with his brothers.

Floki didn't care for the boy as he without hesitation placed his hand around the young boys neck. Ubbe's eyes widen as the other brothers tried to push him away. However anger and adrenaline floded through Floki's body and they couldn't move him.

"You piece of shït, you father and the gods are disgusted Ubbe. Betraying your pregnant woman in her own house!" Floki yelled and everyone's eyes widen. Hvitserk, Sigurd and Björn released their grip on the boatbuilder. Floki released his grip on the young man who's face had turned slightly blue before walking towards the familiar hut on the other side of the great hall.

A shaky breath left Ubbe's lips as realization hit him like a wave. Pulling him with the violent storm. Struggling to pull him up to the surface to let him breath. Nobody helped him up when his body betrayed him. Slowly he sunk deeper into the bottomless sea.