Betrayal Part 3.

a/n: once again sorry for the long wait.

+

A hut deep into the woods where were you had stayed for about a week. Björn had come by a few times but had given you little space to sort everything out in your head the first days. He'd promised you to help you to get everything organized in the woods so you could've stay as long as you needed.

"Y/n!" A familiar voice yelled from outside the hut and you hurried outside. You saw Björn on his horse walking out from the thick woods. He had bags stuffed with different items as well as a cage with a chicken, a goat and even a dog. It was actually a rather funny view. A small smile spread across your lips for the first time in days.

"Björn what are you doing here?" You said as you hugged your arms around you body.

"I thought you could use some company. A chicken and goat for some food as well as this guy here," Björn said as he got of his horse. The rather large dog ran up to you and happily wagged his tail.

"Hey cutie," You said and patted his head and back. As you bent down he started to lick your face which made you chuckle. "What can a cute little man like you be named," You said as he laid down on his back, begging you to pat and scratch his chest and stomach.

"It's Ragge, shorter for Ragnar actually," Björn said and I looked at him with a smile before looking at the happy down on the ground.

"What a cute name Ragge," You said to the dog as he got back on all fours and shook off the dust from the dry land. You helped Björn to take all the other things inside the hut. Some meat, vegetables and other things.

When everything was taken care off you had made a fire outside as Björn got something to drink. Water for you and mead for himself. You both sat in silence and looked at the fire as Ragge were laying by your feet.

"How are you managing out here?" Björn asked as he took a cup of mead without breaking his gaze at the flames.

"Okay I guess," You said and your voice flat. You did everything in you power not to think of him. You had thrown away the piece of jewelry he had gotten you when you had started to see each other. You never said his name. Hence you even tried to not think about anything about Kattegat accept for Björn, Floki and Helga.

"I spoke with Floki yesterday," Björn said and you raised you brow as you looked at him. "He said that I should pass the message that if you ever need anything or this hut needs some renovating he's your man so just ask," Björn said with a small smile and you returned it as you nodded.

"I will," You hummed before taking a sip of water.

"And that he is currently thinking of a plan to castrate my brother," Björn said and his voice faded a bit and you nodded. You were happy Björn didn't say his name. Silence engulfed the two of you once more.

"How's he doing?" You carefully asked and Björn took a deep breath.

"Well, I would lie if I told you he was peachy Y/n," Björn said and you nodded slowly. "He's drinking a lot, not eating enough and has gotten into a few fights with people," Björn said and you could hear the worry lingering in his voice. A deep breath left your lips as a lot of feelings hit you.

You cared for him a lot still. He was your husband after all and the father of your child. However rage and anger spread through your veins like venom and it stained your heart more and more. You knew that even how much you would try to loath him, he would always have a soft spot in your heart. You just tried to make that spot smaller day by day.

"I just don't know how everything will turn out," You said truthfully and he nodded.

"About your child, being a mum?" He asked and you shrugged.