Why should Ivar know? Pt 2.

A chilly breeze blew over Kattegat as Y/N walked across the market. She hugged her cloak closer to her body as another one hit her body. Her eyes roamed around the area, trying to find her husband. Soon they locked onto the familiar man sitting on the shore. A sigh left her lips before she walked over to him.

"Husband," Y/N said as she approached him. She stood behind him, trying to sense which mood he was in before he would start throwing a fit.

"Wife," Ivar said in a flat tone. Y/N licked her lips before taking a seat next to him. Ivar seemed clam yet distant. It felt weird when she looked at him quickly and he didn't look back and smile. She looked down on her hands in her lap when the imagines of her and Hvitserk flooded her mind.

Y/N and Hvitserk had slept together one more time since that night in the great hall. In the moment she didn't care about her husband. Nothing gave her a bad conscious. Hvitserk had given her the attention she craved. He saw her when Ivar, her husband, didn't.

"What are you thinking about?" Ivar asked suddenly and she blinked a few times by his question. He hadn't asked her something like that for months.

"About what seems to bother my husband," Y/N lied as she looked up at her husband who shrugged.

"My legs," Ivar said truthfully as he rubbed his thigh. Y/N only frowned as her fingers played with the metallic ring around her finger. "They've been hurting a lot lately," Ivar continued and Y/N rubbed his back. His words hit her like a storm and she felt her heart ache.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Y/N asked and thought of ways to make his legs hurt less.

"I've wondered why they've started to hurt now, like are the gods that unimpressed by my actions they're punishing me," He mumbled to himself, ignoring my question. She pouted and took his hands in hers. His way larger and rougher hands in her small and soft one. Y/N couldn't help to think if the gods were punishing her for being unfaithful to her husband. She knew she had to break things with Hvitserk, they had even planned to meet later tonight.

"Ivar no, you've done amazing and extraordinary things already. You've avenged your father and the gods are doing nothing but smiling down at you," Y/N said as he gripped his jaw to make him look her in the eyes. She looked deeply into those icy blue eyes, a faint smile was present on his lips yet his eyes were filled with pain and sorrow. "Never believe otherwise, they just know you're strong enough to handle it and you know that they're always right," She continued and he looked away. A hint of pink staining his cheeks.

"Hopefully you're right," Ivar mumbled before looking back at the ocean.

"I'm always right Ivar, and the gods are not the only ones that's proud of you," Y/N said truthfully and Ivar just nodded without looking away from the ocean. "And your brothers too, your parents are smiling down at you and your people are proud of you," She continued and Ivar looked down on his lap when she mentioned his parents yet she didn't care. He needed to know the truth.

"I've missed talking to you wife," Ivar later said, his voice not louder than a whisper and Y/N smiled.

"And I've missed talking to my husband. No yelling or rude remarks, simply a nice conversation," Y/N said and Ivar nodded.

"Your words never disappoint me. I'm sorry for mistreating you," Ivar said and Y/N smiled. She forced the smile when she felt the pain in her chest. I bit down on her bottom lip as she knew she had to speak to both Hvitserk and Ivar about what have happened in the great hall and in the cabin in the woods. Even if she knew she had to tell her husband she didn't want to risk potentially ruin their relationship. Ivar already had a bad relationship with one of his brothers.

VIKINGS IMAGINES [BOOK I]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें