Youngest daughter of Ragnar.

a/n: requested.

+

I was currently sitting by the table next to two of my oldest brothers, Björn and Ubbe. I had remained silent ever since I had stepped inside the great hall to dine with my family. Aslaug made sure Ivar and Sigurd didn't slit each others throats during our rather peaceful meal.

"I was thinking of returning to England," My father, the great Ragnar Lothbrok, said to break the silence. All eyes quickly rested on him including my own. I let my teeth sunk into my bottom lip as I impatiently waited for him to continue his little speech. I groaned on the inside when he casually took a few gulps of the mead in his metallic cup.

"Why?" Björn asked as father never continued. Ragnar chewed on his food as he relaxed his back on the headrest. I sat up straight as his icy blue eyes I had inherited rested on me. Ever since I turned five years old I have held a sword in my hand. I usually played with my older brothers and when I turned ten my father let me train with Lagertha much to my mothers disapproval.

Lagertha had always been an inspiration for me. Since I also always had brothers I was used to rough play and no time for typical girl duties my mother wanted me to do. These five years with Lagertha I had grown to become a great fighter even though my young age.

Ever since I had turned fifteen I had patiently waited for my father to ask me to join them in battle. I wanted to fight with my father, brothers and Lagertha. I wanted to learn the rough way of becoming an even greater fighter. I hadn't really talked to anyone else about it accept for Lagertha but she had asked me to patiently wait until I turned eighteen.

"To explore the unexplored and I want you to join me," Father said and pointed at his sons but ignored me. I frowned as I felt disappointment fill my body.

"What about me then?" I snapped before showing a piece of meat in my mouth. Ragnar looked at me once again and there was something in his eyes I couldn't understand. Lagertha also looked at me before letting them rest on Ragnar.

"You are too young," My mother said and my head snapped in her direction. My breath got rugged as I get myself become angry. I know that I was a young woman who didn't exactly knew what the world had to offer yet that was the reason I wanted to join them, so I could learn.

"Please, I just as good as them," I scoffed while nodding towards my brothers. My mother didn't say anything and I snorted angrily before turning my attention back to my father. "You out of everyone should know that," I almost yelled at my father.

"I know that you're a good fighter but too young to participate in a real battle," My father started and I rolled my eyes. "You're my only daughter and I won't let you kill yourself at fifteen of age," He continued calmly.

"Too young? I will always be too young in your eyes since I'm your youngest child. It hurts me that my own father doesn't even acknowledges my skills. No instead you focus on your sons and never even watch me train with Lagertha!" I started to get worked up. I quickly stood up, getting ready to leave. "I won't sit here being forced to pretend to be the woman I'm not as you set sail for England with the potential of never seeing you again!" I said as I walked towards the door. I didn't stop nor did I turn around. I didn't want to be in any of their presence.

I took my bow, arrow and sword before almost running towards the woods. Water welled up in my eyes involuntarily but they never fell down my cheeks. Deep enough into the woods I smoothy took out my sword before walking up to a tree. Out of rage I kept hitting the tree with my sword.

"If you continue doing that the tree will so fall,"Ubbe spoke from behind. My arms were numb from hitting the tree and I stopped before turning around. A sigh left my lips when I saw all my brothers standing there. Björn had his arms crossed over his chest and Ubbe had raised his brows.

"And you'll ruin your sword," Ivar said and I snorted.

"Are you going to repeat what father said then you can leave immediately," I snapped before turning back to face the tree.

"You know he's right," Björn said and I looked at the ground. "And as your brothers we don't want you to get hurt. It's our job to protect you," He continued and I turned around to face them again.

"I'm fully capable of protecting myself," I snapped back and Björn only rolled his eyes.

"You're fifteen, there's no hurry with going into battle." Ubbe started. "Just look at Ivar he's only one year older than you and he's never been to battle," He continued and Ivar's head snapped in his older brothers direction. His nostrils flaring as anger entered his body.

"I thought we agreed on making her feel better, not pissing on me," Ivar snapped to Ubbe who ignored him. Ivar's words made me smile a little.

"I just don't want to potentially say a final goodbye to you without being there to help," I mumbled sadly as I looked at the ground. "I wouldn't be able to forgive myself," I continued before letting out a deep breath as I let my blade fall to the ground. I had enough of those memories of father leaving for raids with Lagertha and Björn sometimes. I remember all the crying when I hugged Björn goodbye before my older brothers comforted me as we waved them goodbye.

"You will never say goodbye to us if we leave," Björn said as a hand placed itself on my shoulder. I looked up as saw Björn and the rest of my brothers closer. "We will always come back to you," Björn continued. I jumped into his embrace, making him wrap his arms around my body which made it possible to reach out for my other brothers, pulling them into the hug. I smiled when I felt Ivar's hand on my calf.

"I love you guys," I said yet my voice was being muffled from hugging Björn tightly.

"And we you," Sigurd said. "Even though you snore and kept us wake for the majority of our childhood with all your talking," he continued and I chuckled.

"Poor the man whose going to marry you one day," Hvitserk said as we pulled away. Ubbe snorted as he slapped his brother on the arm.

"That will never happen. A man will never go near her and I'm going to make sure of that," Ubbe spat as both Björn and Ivar hummed in agreement.

"What do you say about a test?" Björn said after a while. I frowned as I looked at my oldest brother. "We can do a different form of training today, you against us," Björn said and I raised my eyebrows.

"What's new about that?" I asked as we walked over to our usual training area.

"You'll fight all of us at the same time or at least more than one," Björn said and they looked at each other with devious smirks on their faces and I only licked my lips. I got ready with my sword and so did they.

"Brothers...attack!" Björn yelled before they ran towards me and I screamed in laughter before the sound of metal clashing against each other was the only thing that could be heard with our laughter. A few cuts and bruises were everything and I felt proud when I proceeded. Ivar was most difficult since he actually had an advantage since he could go for my legs when I defended myself from Hvitserk above my waist.

"I yield," I said after a while. I couldn't breath from all the laughing. I threw my sword at the ground before trying to calm my breathing. Hvitserk did the same but a playful smirk was still visible. He looked at his brothers who did the same.

"You can't yield in battle, brothers lets attack!" Ubbe said before they all ran towards me. My body got pushed to the ground before they all started to tickle me. Tears left my eyes from laughing and my lunges were desperate for air. What would I do without them.

Later that night we decided to sleep in the hunting cabin, everyone on the floor side by side. I was between Ubbe and Ivar as Björn made sure that the fire would keep us warm through the night. Even though the moment was rather perfect Ivar and Sigurd was still arguing, yet not like usual, it was more in a playful kind of way. I couldn't help but to be thankful that both Hvitserk and Björn were in-between them. I big yawn slipped past my lips, some of them mimicking as we small talked.

"Thanks for everything," I said and yawned yet another time. They chuckled as I closed my eyes, getting comfortable. They kept talking and their voices soon faded as I feel into a deep slumber. I dreamt of battles next to my brothers that turned in to painful tickling.