Deceased.

a/n: requested.

+

They sat by the table in front of many cheering and happy viking men and women. Ivar sat by one of the short ends, facing Sigurd as his brothers and Y/n sat on the long side, facing the celebrating people. They had successfully avenged Ragnar's death, killed both Aella and Ecbert, won over Aethelwulf's army.

Y/n had been close to Ragnar's sons, she wanted to believe she was as close to them all but she was more close with Ivar and Björn. These past weeks before they had set sail for England she had been rather close to Sigurd. They had been closer when they were younger, she had been bullied by a farmers boy because of her disgusting smell and torn clothing. She usually helped him with pulling Ivar in the trolley after they stood up for her, Lagertha had given her some clothes from Gyda she could grow into.

"Even if I know that you would success I'm actually quite impressed," She told Björn and he smiled before raising his brow.

"Why's that?" He asked before taking a bite of his chicken. She chuckled before taking a sip of the wine they had found.

"Yeah, I mean I've just waited for you guys to rip each others heads off," She said truthfully and Björn chuckled. "But I'm slightly impressed how calm Ivar and Sigurd are being but I'v seen some glances but yet they're calm, maybe we can have a good celebration at least," She continued with a smile and Björn nodded.

"Or the calm before the storm," Björn mumbled before standing up. People got quiet and she looked at Ivar, as their eyes met she gave him a smile which he returned. Björn started to speak about their success and future plans. Björn talked about the map and Ivar soon joined the conversation. Björn wanted to explore the map she knew that but what Ivar really wanted was unclear. He had just been to his first battle and his blood thirst would only increase.

"Who of you will follow me?" Ivar asked and some cheered.

"Don't do this Ivar," Sigurd interfered. "We are all the son's of Ragnar and we need to stick together," He continued but Ivar didn't seem to care what the blond said.

"Frankly dear brother I don't care what you say, the truth is I wouldn't even piss down your throat if your lungs were on fire," Ivar said and Y/N only looked at him, trying to give him a warning glance but his didn't meet her eyes.

"Maybe that's why you're not really a man," Sigurd shot back and Y/n gulped. "Are you, boneless?" He continued and Y/n got a bad feeling. Of course they had argued before in front of her by the table in the great hall and almost whenever they were together. But there was a tone in both their voices she didn't like.

"So who's going to stay and farm?" Someone asked as Y/n cursed at Sigurd only loud enough for him to her before giving him a glance but he didn't seem to care. Harald stood up but Y/n was only focused on Ivar's expression. She needed some contact with him to try to get to calm him down.

"I want to go with Björn," Halfdan said after Harald kindly excused himself. "I want to see the Mediterranean," He continued before Björn jumped over the table to join the Norwegian brothers by the rest of the men.

"Then it seems like the only thing that really kept the sons of Ragnar together was the death of their father," Björn said as he hugged Halfdan and gave his brothers, especially Ivar a disapproving glance.

"Poor Björn, it is you who doesn't want to keep the army together. It is you who want's to go to sunny places, everyone else can follow me," Ivar yelled and Sigurd quickly stood up. Y/n almost stood up herself out of impulse but got ready to stand in. Her heart beating quickly in her chest.

"I don't want to follow you Ivar, you are crazy. You have the mind of a child," Sigurd said and she stood up a bit, all of the brothers accept Ivar noticed. Her eyes was glued on Ivar and so was her focus. She couldn't hear Ubbe whisper her name.

"And all you do is play music," Ivar taunted as venom lingered in every word. Y/n stepped closer to Sigurd.

"I'm just as much son of Ragnar as you are," Sigurd spat before taking a sip from his cup. Y/n placed her hand on Sigurd shoulder, trying to shove him down in his seat and be quiet but he didn't budge. He only looked at Ivar.

"Sigurd," She warned.

"I'm not so sure, as far as I remember Ragnar didn't play the lute and he certainly didn't offer his arse to other men," Ivar snapped and Y/n looked at Ivar as people in the crowd laughed slightly. Ubbe only looked at his youngest brother, warning him.

"You make me laugh, just like when you crawl around like a baby," Sigurd said as Y/n saw the look on Ivar's face. He looked ready to kill Sigurd.

"Sigurd," She said in a stern voice.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" Ivar yelled as rage pulsed through his body.

"Enough!" Björn shouted. Y/n tried to push Sigurd down but he only shot her an angry glare.

"THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU," Ivar yelled as Björn as he slammed his fist on the table like a mad man.

"What's the matter Ivar, you can't take it," Sigurd said with confidence in his voice and Y/n cursed before doing another attempt of stopping Sigurd. Ubbe said something to Ivar but Sigurd kept going. "No, I guess it has to be hard now when your mommy is dead. Now when she was the only one really loved you," He continued before taking a sip of his cup.

"Stop it Sigurd!" Y/n said but no one seemed to listen. Looking back at Ivar, it almost seemed to be in slow motion when Ivar gripped the axe beside him. Y/n's eyes widen before pushing Sigurd to the side.

"IVAR NO-!" Y/n screamed but before she could stop him the axe hit her chest. Loud gasps were heard as she looked down on the stuck to her chest, right where her heart beated. Both Ubbe and Hvitserk rushed from their seats as Björn ran towards the table. Y/n only looked at Ivar. His eyes were wide, shocked and hurt. She gripped the axe, pulling it out from her flesh but before she could place it on the table she fell to the ground.

"Y/N!" Ubbe yelled as Hvitserk placed his hands on the bleeding wound on her chest. Ubbe started to slap her face roughly to get her to respond but she didn't. Ivar's eyes were wide as he saw everything repeating itself in his head. The look on her face after getting hit by the axe. His heart was beating loudly and harshly in his chest.

Ivar was still shocked in his seat as the rest of his brothers stood around her. The hurt expression was visible on her face. Eyes didn't shine, they were foggy and her mouth slightly parted, not smiling like she should.

What had he done.