Horses

not edited sorry.

+

Lagertha smiled when she walked outside her cabin, seeing her son sitting on the porch outside the great hall. She saw him sitting there with a smile and her eyes quickly followed his. She noticed a girl by the horses in their stall. The girl tied the horses to the pole so they couldn't run away before feeding them with grass.

"Who is she?" Lagertha asked her son before taking a seat next to him. A smile was present on the mothers lips when Björn only looked to the ground and shook his head. Lagertha had seen her son watching the young woman for a while now yet she hadn't asked him about it yet. However this time she couldn't get that warm look get unnoticed.

"Y/n," Björn mumbles before looking back up at the woman caring for the horses. His eyes followed every single moment she made. He saw how her long hair that was braided in a single braid moved as she walked around. Her behind when she bent down to pick something up. He had only spoken to her once, when he had handed her his horse. He had stopped in his tracks when he saw her, she walked up to him with a smile on her face, not shy but careful as she asked if he was finished with the horse. Her pink plump lips moved as the almost delicate voice rang in his ears.

"And?" Lagertha asked and smiled when her son looked at her with a frown.

"And what?" Björn asked and she crossed her arms over her chest, Björn rolled his eyes before shrugging.

"Nothing," Was all he said and Lagertha raised her brows.

"Nothing? I've seen the way you're looking at her, have you spoken to her?" She asked her son who had moved his eyes back to Y/n.

"Once nothing more. I humiliated myself so..."

"You're not giving up are you? I didn't thought me and your father raised a quitter," Lagertha cut her son off with a smirk on her face. Björn only chuckled as he looked back at his mother who soon placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Talk to her then, you can invite her to the feast tonight," She encouraged her son who shrugged. "She really pretty from what I can tell, and it would be some really cute babies..."

"Come on mother, I've spoken to her once and you're already thinking about our babies," Björn said with amusement lingering in his voice. Lagertha chuckled as well before nodding towards the young woman. Björn took a deep breath before standing up, he looked at his mother once more before starting to walk over to Y/n.

"Hey Y/n?" Björn said and wanted to smack himself out of embarrassment. She quickly turned around and soon their eyes met. Y/n's eyes were wide and lips slightly parted before turning into a smile.

"Hi, Björn right?" She said as she walked closer to him and Björn nodded. "Do you want your horse?" She asked and he only shook his head before taking a deep breath.

"I was just thinking if you wanted to join the feast tonight in the great hall?" He asked her and her eyes widen. She wasn't a high born, her father had taken care of the horses, fixing their hooves and such before he got sick so she had taken over his work now. Usually the feast were only meant for the warriors and the royal family and not the common people.

"Me? I don't think I would fit in," She mumbled with a blush on her face out of embarrassment, yet her words only made Björn frown.

"Of course you would, you can sit by me if you would like?" Björn asked and hoped that he didn't sound desperate. Y/n smiled and wiped her sweaty forehead with the back of her hand. She let out a big breath before nodding, a smile still prominent on her lips.

"Okay, that sounds nice," She said and Björn's smile got huge which was contagious. She bit her lip as she tried to stop smiling yet his wide smile that showed his perfect white teeth.