Fighting with Ubbe.

sorry this ain't edited either.

+

"You want me to take care of the children? Alone? You want me completely alone with the children?" Ubbe asked while blinking quickly, as he looked at his wife Y/n who smiled with her arms crossed over her chest. They had three children together, Karl who was the oldest, Thorbjörn who was their second born son and little Lyanna who was only a couple of months old. Ubbe had never been alone with all the children, he had been alone with Karl when he was about a year old.

"Yeah, they're your children as well and Hvitserk asked if I wanted to train with them tomorrow and I said yes," Y/n said and Ubbe let out a sigh. It wasn't like he wanted her with the children all the time. She were indeed a shield maiden when they met and it had felt wrong to keep her home when they got their first child however he liked the idea of him being out and providing the family when she took care of the children in the safety of their home.

"But-"

"No but's Ubbe, Lagertha wants me on your next raid and since Torvi is pregnant she's not going but offered to take care of the children when we're away," Y/n began and Ubbe rolled his eyes. "And if I'm going I need to train, I haven't held a proper sword or bow in years!" She continued and Ubbe let out a sigh.

"Not this discussion again," Ubbe groaned and Y/n rolled her eyes this time. "You already know what I think about that, I don't want you to come, you need to be home with the children," He continued.

"What about you? You need to be with the children too, I'm not their only parent here! However if it's this difficult just to spent a day with your own flesh and blood maybe we shouldn't have started a family to begin with!" Y/n exclaimed and Ubbe let out a snort.

"Stop it Y/n!" Ubbe raised his voice, waking Lyanna from her nap. Y/n shot her husband a harsh glare before walking past him to the crib.

"Great, now you waked her up!" Y/n growled and Ubbe only shook hi head before storming out. Y/n only rolled her eyes before smiling at the little girl, her little baby girl. She picked Lyanna up in her blanket before cradling her close to her chest.

"Shh baby, daddy was just being stupid," Y/n mumbled before placing a kiss on Lyanna's forehead. "Like usual," She mumbled more to herself as she glanced at the door. Soon Torvi came by with both Y/n's sons in her hand. Both boys smiled when they saw their mother and ran up to her to cling by her legs.

"There's my handsome sons," Y/n said with a smile on her face before looking up at Torvi who rubbed her stomach, she was expecting her and Björn's third child. Y/n and Ubbe ad gotten ahead of them when Björn and Torvi had a bit of a struggle with their relationship when rumors were circling about Björn sleeping with Astrid. They had decided to try again and two months later she was carrying another Ironside baby inside her.

"Hi beautiful, have they been behaving?" Y/n greeted Torvi with a smile. They were best friends, both low borns and got married to a prince as well as becoming shield maidens. They had been two of Lagertha's best ones before they started to build their families and couldn't join every raid.

"Yes they have, two very energetic boys sweetcheeks!" Torvi said with a smile as she walked inside the cabin.

"Karl, Thorbjörn, go outside and play while I speak to Torvi," Y/n said to her sons who nodded before rushing outside. "Wait, the rules?" She asked them and they only looked at each other before looking at their mother. They sure had their fathers eyes.

"Be nice and don't go to far away," They said giggling before running outside. Torvi chuckled before taking a seat on one of the empty chairs. Lyanna had fallen asleep, which even surprised Y/n because of the noise inside but she was thankful of it. Y/n took a seat on a chair opposite her friend.

"How's the little one?" Y/n asked Torvi who almost never stopped slowly rubbing her stomach, it was big and she was close but it was at least one month before the little one was going to enter the dangerous world.

"Good, been kicking a lot lately which Björn seems to approve of," Torvi said with a smile that faded slowly, Y/n frowned as she bit her lip.

"How are you two doing?" Y/n carefully asked and Torvi let out a sigh.

"Good, but I don't like when Astrid's around. I don't want to say anything to Björn because he promised me that its over but her presence makes me disturbed," Torvi said honestly and Y/n only nodded.

"Of course you should tell him, he's your husband. If he's got a problem with that tell me and I'll have a talk with him," Y/n said, supporting her true friend. Torvi smiled before looking her in the eyes.

"How's Ubbe? I though I saw him walk away earlier pretty mad," Torvi asked, slight concern lingering in her voice. Y/n took a deep breath before rubbing her temple.

"I don't know, I just asked him if he could be with the children tomorrow when I'm training and he got mad about it," Y/n just shrugged and Torvi raised her brows.

"Odd," She said and Y/n only hummed in agreement.

"He doesn't want me to join them on the next raid. He said 'you need to be home with the children' which is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard." Y/n said and Torvi's eyes widen as she shook her head disapprovingly.

"Father!" The sound of her son's happy shouting from outside was heard. She peaked outside and saw her sons hugging her husband. Both Torvi and Y/n stepped outside. Björn stood next to Ubbe and greeted the boys, he held Thorbjörn in his arms and smiled when he saw Torvi. Placing Thorbjörn back down he greeted his wife with a hug and kiss.

"Hey Y/n," Björn said and gave her a smile. "Ready to go home baby?" Björn asked Torvi when she let out a small yawn, she only nodded in agreement.

"Hi Björn, thanks for helping with the boys earlier. Just tell me when I can return the favor," Y/n said and Ubbe nodded as he walked over to stand beside his wife. He placed his hand on her back and she mentally rolled her eyes, she knew exactly what he was doing.

"No problem, Erik and Refil likes to play with them," Torvi said before they walked away. Ubbe and Y/n stood there next t each other and watched their sons play outside. Ubbe rubbed his hand over the small of her back and she let out a sigh before looking at him then back at the children. Ubbe placed a kiss on her temple.

"Can we talk?" Ubbe asked carefully, she only nodded before walking back inside.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked and crossed her arms over her chest. Ubbe walked closer to her and placed his hand on her waist but she remained strong.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I know you want to come with us but if you come with us the risk of our children becoming orphans will increase. If something would've happened to me on raid they would still have you." Ubbe said and Y/n only looked him in the eyes. She let out a sigh as she placed her hands on his shoulder when he placed both his hands on her waist.

"And then it's something else..." Ubbe began and Y/n frowned as he pulled her closer making her sneak her arms around his neck. They were now only inches apart their breaths almost mixing as they looked each other in the eyes. "I've thought about asking you if you wanted a fourth child?" He asked carefully and her eyes widen.

"Do you want more children?" She asked surprised.

"I want a big family with you baby," He mumbled against her forehead after placing a kiss there.

"Take care of them tomorrow and see if you can handle a fourth then we can see," She said and smiled at him.

"Love you,"