Fighting with Ragnar

a/n: a ragnar story requested

+

A groan left my dry throat as Ragnar pushed my body onto the ground. We had been training for hours and my body had grown tired. Ragnar however seemed to have a lot of energy left in his system as the familiar smirk played on his lips as he held out his hand for me. I took it and he helped me up on my feet.

"I think that's enough for my wife today," Ragnar spoke as placed his hand around my waist. I only shook my head.

"I can beat you any other day. I just haven't slept well," I said and looked at the ground as we walked towards the great hall. I saw Björn and Porunn by the water with their little daughter playing by the shore. A smile spread across my lips by the sight. Björn had grown to a great father who would do anything for his wife and daughter.

"Let's eat, we have some things to discuss," Ragnar mumbled in my ear before we walked inside the great hall. There was only two plates on the table filled with food. Ragnar sat down on one side and I sat down on the other.

We ate in silence and I couldn't let my mind wander on what he wanted to talk to me about. Soon his eyes met mine and I frowned. Ragnar only looked at me before continued to eat. He was being more odd than usual.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked before taking a gulp mead. Ragnar took his cup in his hand before doing the same.

"Us," He said and ate a piece of meat. I rolled my eyes at the lack of information before I continued to eat. "I saw it," He said and looked at me.

"What?" I asked with a deep frown as I continued to eat.

"The blood," He said as he rested his back on the backrest. His expression didn't give me a hint if he was angry, disappointed or reliefed. However I knew he was angry and disappointed. He wouldn't feel relief, not ever. A sigh left my lips before biting the inside of my cheek.

"You bled again, just like last time." Ragnar continued and I just looked at him. I didn't know what to say. I had talked to Helga a few weeks ago and she had advised me to visit the seer but I didn't want to. I didn't want to hear what the gods had planned for me. I was afraid.

"I can't help it, maybe we didn't try hard enough," I defended and he snorted. I shot him a glare when he did so. He rested his elbows on the table and looked me in the eyes.

"Didn't try hard enough? We've been sleeping together every night since last time you bled and still you only give me blood," Ragnar growled and I bit the insides of my cheeks. He was right, I just didn't want to accept the fact that it probably was impossible.

"Have you visited the seer?" Ragnar spoke and I shook my head. "Why not?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Because I simply haven't," I bit back and he rolled his eyes. Ragnar took a large gulp mead and some food before looking back at me while he sucked the grease of his fingers.

"Maybe it isn't the right time," I tried but he only shook his head. "You can't ignore the fact that the gods might have other equally great plans for you at the moment than having children to raise," I said and he continued to give me snorts as answers.

I felt like I disappointed him in so many ways. I wanted to have children with him but the gods didn't grant me those wishes. I knew he wanted to have many children so they would follow his footsteps and become great warriors.

"Maybe we are not granted children together," Ragnar mumbled and I slammed my fist hard onto the table. I knew what he was thinking and I felt anger spread through my veins. Ragnar sat relaxed in his chair as he looked at me.

"Are you're saying that you'll leave me because I can't give you children?" I raised my voice and he raised from his chair before leaving the room. I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. I looked at my plate before throwing it away, followed by the cup of mead. I raised from my chair before leaving the hall. On my way out I flipped some chairs and other obstacles I would lay my hands on.

My eyes rested on the lit fire in the middle of the room. I hadn't seen Ragnar since our fight. However I was glad I hadn't seen him since he had said something so horrible to me. Now I had gotten the time to cool off, I was still mad but before I could have done things I probably would've regretted.

The sound of voices was heard outside the hut which snapped me out of my thoughts. It was Ragnar and Björn talking about Porunn, suddenly their voices got lower and I couldn't hear a word they said.

Soon Ragnar stepped inside and his eyes softened when they met mine. Without a word he walked over to the chair next to mine and looked at the fire. I really couldn't decide if I wanted to jump at him from love or hate.

"Y/n-" Ragnar started before being cut of by me.

"What you said hurt you," I said and he opened his mouth to speak again but I interrupted him once more. "I don't know what you have done all day, found yourself a woman that can grant you the children I can't give you or been thinking about what idiot you are for saying what you did." I growled and he let out a sigh.

"Wife," Ragnar started but you ignored him.

"And if you're the intelligent and wise man I married you did the latter," I said and a small smile was visible on his lips.

"If you would've let me speak I would tell you that what I said was wrong," He said and I snorted.

"It wasn't just wrong Ragnar, it was a terrible thing to say!" I yelled in a stern voice and stood up.

"I know. I was just disappointed that we didn't make it this time either. I want to raise a family with you. The strong and intelligent shield maiden I have the privilege to call my wife," Ragnar said and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm sad too, however it doesn't give you the right to say what you did," I mumbled and he got up and soon his arms were around my waist. I placed my arms around his neck before pulling him closer. Our lips touched and soon it got heated. Ragnar's hand roamed around my body as we walked over to the bed.

"I'm sorry, let me make it up to you," Ragnar said before leaving kisses down my neck. Before I knew it our clothes were thrown on the floor as Ragnar left kisses all over my body. Worshipping it from head to toe. He placed his large and rough hand between my thighs then he started to rub slow circles on my clït.

I moaned loudly and soon I could feel him enter me. I loved being this close to him. To feel him stretch my walls as he thrusted in and out in a steady pace before increasing his speed. The sounds of skin slapping was heard as well as our loud moans and grunts.

I flipped us over so I was on top. Ragnar's eyes widen in surprise before a smirk played on his lips. His hands rested on my waist as I started to move. I moaned when I felt him hit the right places. I attached out lips once more and I felt his hands grip my ass, giving it a squeeze.

"Ugh... I'm close," I moaned as I enjoyed the feeling of him inside me. How our moment were in sync and his hands on my body. My hands rested on his chest as I picked up the pace. As I felt Ragnar place a thumb on my clït and started to rub I came. I moaned loudly and Ragnar wasn't far behind. He pushed himself deep inside of me as he came.

I fell down onto the bed next to my husband with rugged breath. We just laid there, trying to calm our breaths. When my breath was calm I rested my head against his chest.

"I hope that you can forgive me wife," Ragnar mumbled as he kissed my forehead.

"Let me think about it,"