Chapter 1. To Hogwarts!

Your POV

I woke up early the morning of September first. It was my first year at Hogwarts! I was elastic for four very good reasons.

Reason number one, I get to go to the same place my parents went to when they were my age.

Reason number two, I would make friends that I'd know for life! At least that's what my mum told me before... Anyway. 

Reason number three, my sister would be safer. This summer was the first time our grandparents hit Delilah. She was hit because she tried to give me food, after a week of me not getting any. I had told my grandparents that blood status doesn't matter, but them being them.

Lastly, reason number four, I would get away from my grandparents. When my mother was murdered, my younger sister and I were in care of my mother's parents. They hated me! For. One. Stupid. Reason. My father. My father is the assumed murderer, Sirius Black.

My father went to tell off Peter Pettigrew and somehow Pettigrew got away with people thinking that my father killed Pettigrew and twelve other muggles.

When I found out about where Dad was I asked Mum about it. She told me Dad was framed and told me the whole truth. To this day, Dad and I are the only living people who know the truth.

"Y/N, you disgrace! Get you ass down here now! We need to leave!" My grandfather's voice broke through my thoughts and got me back to reality.

"Coming!" I called back. I was used to this kind of way of being treated. 

I quickly threw on  a pair of ripped jeans and a pink hoodie over my black tank top. I then grabbed my trunk and my owl, Olivia's, cage. With her in it of course.

Grandfather and Grandmother had yelled at me for not being able to control her. For that I had somehow earned three days in the dungeon. Another reason I couldn't wait for Hogwarts.

When I got downstairs I saw my grandparents and younger sister waiting for me at the door.

"Grab an apple and get in the car," Grandmother demanded. "We'll be waiting outside. Don't expect us to wait too long. Come on Delilah."

Delilah gave me a look of sympathy before heading outside. 

I ran to the counter and grabbed two apples and went outside. I loaded my stuff in the trunk of my grandparents car. I climbed in the back with my sister and started on our way to King's Cross.

~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrived at King's Cross Grandfather took my trunk out of his car and told me, "you better get going."

"But I don't know which platform to walk in between," I whined. "Aren't you going to come to the platform with me?"

"I don't care if you run into the wrong one or not. I'm done dealing with you," Grandfather yelled at me. "And don't expect to say goodbye to Delilah either. It's not like she'll miss you anyway. Goodbye you horrid excuse of a granddaughter."

He had hopped in the car and drove away. I saw Delilah waving goodbye to me, and I waved back.

When they disappeared everything came crashing down on me. I was alone, at King's Cross, not knowing how to get to platform Nine and Three Quarters, and I was scared.