Chapter 52. The Champions!

Your POV

I woke up Saturday morning, not as refreshed as I wished to be. I couldn't sleep. Dread was stabbing my gut, I kept thinking that something bad would happen...

Because of that I woke up early, and left to go to breakfast before anyone else in my dorm.

The Great Hall was decorated for Hallowe'en just like it always is. Bats flew around, and pumpkins were hanging from the roof.

I could barely eat, so instead I watched people put their names in the Goblet of Fire. All of the students from Durmstrang put their names in, but I didn't see anyone from Hogwarts. They probably put their names in last night.

As the sun rose higher in the air, more people entered the great Hall. I saw my friends head there way towards me.

"Anyone put their name in yet?" Ron asked me, sitting down.

"Yeah," I replied. "The Durmstrang lot all put their names in the Goblet, but I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts put their names in yet."

"I bet some of our lot put their names in after we'd gone to bed," Harry said. "If I could do it I won't want anyone watching me. Like, what if the Goblet just gobbles the name out?"

I giggled at Harry's idea as some laughed behind us. All four of us turned around and saw the Weasley twins and Lee running into the Great Hall, victorious smiles dancing across their faces.

"Done it," Fred whispered to Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I. "Just taken it."

"What?" questioned Ron.

"The Ageing Potion, dung brains," Fred answered.

"One drop each," George informed, rubbing his hands together. "We only need to be a few months older."

"We're going to split the thousand galleons between the three of us if one wins," grinned Lee. 

"It's not going to work~" I sang.

"Oh yeah?" said Fred, sitting down on the bench next to me.

"And why's that, Black?" George asked, sitting on the other side of me.

"You see this?" I questioned them, pointing to the blue Age Line around the goblet. "This is an Age Line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" challenged Fred.

"So," I huffed, copying him, "a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a draught as pathetically dim-witted as an Ageing Potion."

"But that's why it's so brilliant," Fred pointed out.

"Because it's so pathetically dim-witted," George told me. 

George started to stand up and Fred followed suit. Although George did send me a quick wink before both he and Fred walked to right in front of the Ageing Line. I rolled my eyes, and waited for the fun to begin.

"Ready, Fred?" George asked Fred, looking like he was getting ready to pounce it.

"Ready, George," Fred confirmed.

They both hoped into the circle at the same time and stood there, triumphant.

"Look, Y/n/n," Ron said. "They made it."

I scowled at him, and turned to face the twins, they put their slips in and did a victory shout. A second later their slips came shooting out, and both boys were flown out. They landed in a heap, and when they sat up they had both grown long, white beards.

The Great Hall rang with laughter, Fred and George joining in after seeing that they had both grown beards.

"I did warn you," Dumbledore walked up to the laughing twins, his eyes flashing in amusement. "I suggest the both of you go up to Madam Pomfrey,. she is already tending to Miss. Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff; both of whom did not fool the Ageing Line. I must say though, neither of them have beards as fine as the two of yours."