Chapter 17. "M-my, my locket."

Your POV

Thursday May 30th, the day before my birthday. I know I'll get nothing, the last time I got a real birthday present was my seventh birthday. Just before she died. Delilah has made me some gifts, but they are just cards or coloured drawings she made. I love them, but still. Maybe my friends will give me some presents. I gave Hermione and Ron one both for their birthdays, so maybe I'll get one too.

"Morning," Hermione yawned at the Gryffindor table. "Why did you leave early? You usually are up after me, and leave with me." 

"I felt like walking around," I replied, looking at my food. "I went for a walk around the grounds, and came to eat."

"Are you sure you weren't trying to avoid some people?" Hermione questioned me.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know that they'll get over it, Y/N," Hermione reassured me. "Like Ron said, Fred and George have lost lots of points."

 I turned to face Hermione, and said, "But like Harry said, have they ever lost two hundred points at a time?"

Now it was Hermione's turn to look at her food. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Hermione. I'm just so tired lately."

"It's fine," said Hermione, "I understand. Hey! It's your birthday tomorrow! What are you most excited for?"

"For actually getting a cake," I joked under my breath.

"What?" said Hermione. "I didn't hear you."

"Oh, I said all the endless cake."

Hermione giggled. "That's a big plus."

"How come we have to have double Potions on my birthday?" I whined. "That's just unfair!"

Hermione giggled again. "We also have Potions s first class today. Doesn't that just scream lovely?"

I rolled my eyes at my best friend, and sighed once more.

~~~~~~~~~~

Fred's POV

"Why are we doing this again?" I asked George as we hid in the nearest broom cupboard to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

"We haven't pranked her since last month. She'll be expecting it if we don't do it today," George replied.

"I just think this prank will be taking it too far," I said nervously. "You said that she treasures this locket like nothing else. And if we stole it from her..."

"It'll be fine, Freddie," George said.

"How are we supposed to get it anyway?" I questioned him. "You said she never takes it off."

"We just have to put something in her drink, so something to knock her out."

"Won't she notice it's gone or something?" I testily asked.

"Probably not for a few hours," George replied. "A sleeping potion could work well, but we have to get her out of the Great Hall."

"What about we give her a biscuit or something in the common room?" I suggested.

"Good plan, Fred," George agreed. "Let's go to the kitchens, and give it to her after classes."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Freddie," George called me. "She's in here. Do you remember which one is spiked? We need to pass some out to everyone."

"It's the only one with E/C icing, George," I replied.