Chapter 31. Leaky Cauldron!

Y/n's POV

My knee, my left knee, is broken. I have crutches and a brace.

A few days ago, my loving Grandfather threw a brick at me! It hit my knee, and broke it.

Right now Grandfather, Grandmother, Delilah, and I are staying at the Leaky Cauldron.

We've been here since the 29th, and are staying here until I go back to Hogwarts. They, being my grandparents, thought that getting there would be easier this year.

I've seen Harry, and we stopped to talk before I continued on to get my school stuff (which I had finished shopping, so i could just lounge around the next few days I was here). He told me that the Weasley's are coming tomorrow.

I should be happy that I get to see my friends for the first time in a long time, but I can't visit with them with my grandparents here. Even when I was talking to Harry I constantly looked over my shoulder to make sure that they didn't see me.

I look at my watch on the side of my bed to see the time is five o'clock in the morning. They day of August 31st. The day before I leave to go to Hogwarts.

I get up, soundlessly, and walk over to my trunk, where, along with my Hogwarts stuff, my clothes for this small time are.

I got a ruby red tank top with jean short that go down to my mid thigh, and put my hair up (or if it's too short of it, then you put a headband on) into two braids.

I let my scars show, because in the summer my grandparents have to do it, and no one will be up.

My eyes are back to being dull, unlike in the Hogwarts months when they get a spark again.

I grab my purse, put some money into it, my small pocket book about muggle children stories (at all times I keep it hidden from my grandparents, because God forbid that they find me wanting to learn about muggles), some sunglasses, the keys to the room, and my Drooble's gum.

I quietly put my black converse on and go out of the door.  The second I'm out I run down the hall and to the exit, to get to Diagon Alley.

I tap the bricks, and the wall separates. I enter, and I'm met with an empty street.

I did this yesterday; woke up at five, and walked around until stores opened. It's quiet at this time, and it's so nice.

It's a bit chilly and I regret not wearing a jacket, but it'll get hot in an hour or two, and I can easily go without a jumper for a while.

Most places don't open until seven, eight, or nine, but I know one place that opens at six. So in an hour I'll go there.

AN HOUR LATER

When I checked my watch next it was twenty after six, which meant, my favourite store was open.

It was a muggle place, where muggle stuff was sold. It was a fascinating place, and  it helps with my Muggle Studies that I will be attending this year.

If my grandparents found out I was going here, I think they would kill me. Not that they don't want to every other time.

This time, when I enter the store, there are two other people in the store.

A woman with what looks like her son, even though he his taller than her.

The woman turns around to face me, and her face is one I haven't seen since I was seven.