Chapter 33. First Day Back!

A/N

So I'm back from my summer at camp. So hopefully I can get a chapter out three or four times a week. School starts on the second though, so I don't know if I'll be able to function properly, but I never do, so... Anyway, I hope you all enjoy, love you all!!

Y/n's POV

When Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I walked into the Great Hall the morning of our first day, Malfoy seemed to be telling a funny story, which ended in a swooning fit. The Slytherins listening roared with laughter.

"Ignore him," Hermione whispered to Harry. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it."

"Hey, Potter!" Pugface Parkinson yelled for the Slytherin table. "Potter! A dementor is coming! Whooooo!"

I dropped down at the Gryffindor table, beside George. Harry on my other side.

"New third year timetables," George said, looking at the paper in my hands. "What's up with you, Harry?"

"Malfoy," Harry responded.

George looked to the Slytherin table and saw Malfoy do another fainting act.

"That little git," George said, calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementor was around. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," Fred answered with a glare at Malfoy.

"Wasn't too happy myself," George said. "Dementors are awful things."

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" Fred said.

"You didn't pass out though, did you?" Harry grumbled.

"Forget it, Harry," George told him. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban once, remember, Fred? He said that was the worst place he'd ever been. He came back all weak, and shaking ... They suck the happiness out of you, dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

I saw him, and the other sneak a glance at me.

"Anyway," Fred started to get a new subject going, "Malfoy won't be like that after our first Quidditch match. Gryffindor versus Slytherin, remember?"

I looked down to my timetable and examined it.

"Oh, we start some new subjects today!" I exclaimed.

Hermione looked at her timetable and smiled.

"Y/n," Harry said, looking at my timetable. "They've messed up your timetable. Look - they've got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time."

"Don't worry about it, Harry," I told him. "We've worked it all over with Professor McGonagall."

Ron looked at Hermione's timetable and laughed. "But, girls, you have three classes at nine o'clock! I know you guys are good, but how are you going to get to all those classes?"

"Don't be silly," Hermione scoffed, and gave me a quick look. "We can't be in three classes at once."

"Well, how are y-" Ron began.

"Pass the marmalade," Hermione requested.

"But -"

"What does it matter to you if our timetables are a little full, Ron?" I asked him. "Hermione and I worked it all out with Professor McGonagall."

We finished up breakfast, bade Fred and George goodbye, and started for the Divination classroom. 

"There's - got - to - be - a - short - cut -" Ron panted, as we climbed yet another staircase.