Chapter 25. Hagrid's Visitors!

A/N

This song has nothing to do with what's happening this chapter, but it's a really good song. and if you don't know Alan Jackson, now you do. You're welcome. This is also my favourite Alan Jackson song. The name is *chef's kiss*. Anyway, hope you all enjoy! Love you all!

Ron's POV

I had always known Hagrid to think of monsters as pets, but I would have never thought that he would have ever done that!

"Riddle might've got the wrong person," Hermione tried convince us. "Maybe it was some other monster that was attack people ..."

"I want to agree with you, Hermione," Y/N talked to her, "but how many monsters d'you think this place can hold?"

"We always knew Hagrid was expelled," Harry reminded us miserably. "And the attacks stopped after Hagrid left. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have gotten his award."

"Riddle does sound like Percy," I pointed out. "Who asked him to grass on Hagrid, anyway?"

"But the monster had killed someone, Ron," Hermione said.

"And Riddle was going back to some muggle orphanage if they closed Hogwarts," Harry said. "I don't blame him for wanting to stay here ..."

I bit my lip and then said, "You met Hagrid at Knockturn Alley, didn't you, Harry?"

"He was buying Flesh Eating Slug Repellent," Harry defended quickly.

We fell silent, then after a long pause Hermione voiced a question, "Do you think we should ask Hagrid about this?"

"That'd be a cheerful visit," I said sarcastically. "Hello, Hagrid, tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"

Y/N laughed.

In the end we decided that it was best we didn't say anything to Hagrid unless there was another attack.

~~~~~~~~~~

Us second years were given something new to think about during our Easter holidays. The time had come to pick subjects for our third year. A matter that only Hermione took seriously.

"It could affect our whole future," Hermione told Harry, Y/N, and I, as we were going over the lists of new subjects.

"I just want to give up Potions," Harry sighed.

"Same," Y/N said.

"We can't," I told them gloomily. "We keep all our old subjects, or I'd ditched Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"But that's very important!" Hermione argued.

"Not the way Lockhart teaches it," I grumbled. "I haven't learned anything from him except not to let Pixies loose."

Neville was sent cards from relatives on which ones to take, Dean closed both eyes and stabbed his wand on random subjects, and  those were the ones he picked. Hermione took no one's advice and signed up from all of them. Y/N joined her since, 'FEMALE FRIENDSHIP!' 

(I love those last two words in the paragraph. Just imagine Ron saying it sarcastically.)

I chose Divination and Care of Magical Creatures, harry signed up for the same ones I did. At least I'd have a friend with me, Y/N and Hermione too, I guess.

~~~~~~~~~~

Because of Gryffindor's next Quidditch match coming up, Wood made practices every night. So I didn't see Y/N or Harry at all much for the few days leading up to the game.