Chapter 60. Dadfoot!

No, the title is not a typo

3rd Person

Weeks after the second task another Hogsmeade trip was posted on the board, and with the notice a letter from Sirius came floating in front of Harry one morning. A very short one, one that could make it seem as if Sirius was in Hogsmeade. They quartet was discussing this as they made their way down to Potions. 

The Slytherins were talking in a group. Y/n and Harry could make out a magazine in Parkinson's hand.

"You might find something interesting to read in here, Granger!" Parkinson chortled, as she chucked the magazine at Hermione who caught it.

Snape then beckoned them into the classroom, where Y/n and Hermione took their usual spot at the back with Harry and Ron in the desk beside them.

Hermione flipped through the pages as Y/n looked over her shoulder. Hermione found the page that Parkinson was probably referring to and read it, Y/n reading over her shoulder.

Once the both of them finished the article they shared a look. Hermione muttered a "Rubbish" as she passed the magazine over to Harry and Ron.

"I told you," Ron hissed when he and Harry finished. "I told you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of - of scarlet woman!"

Hermione suppressed a giggle as Y/n let out a snort and turned it into a cough when Snape looked at her.

"Scarlet woman!?" Hermione repeated, holding her hand over her mouth to hold her giggles in.

"That's what Mum calls them," Ron responded, his ears going red.

"If that's the best Rita can do, she's losing her touch," Hermione said, going back to making her potion.

Hermione looked over to the group of Slytherins, who were wondering if she was offended by the article. Hermione gave them a sarcastic smile and waved at them.

"There's something funny though," Hermione spoke up after about ten minutes.

"What?" Y/n asked, looking up from pounding her beetles.

"How could Skeeter have known ...?"

"Known what?" Ron asked from the desk over. "You haven't been making a Love Potion, have you?"

"Of course not, Ron," snapped Hermione. "It's just that... how did Skeeter know that Viktor asked me to visit him over the summer?"

Hermione blushed, and tried very hard not to meet Ron's eyes.

"What?"

He asked me right after he pulled me from the lake," Hermione told her friends, blushing heavily. "After he got rid of the shark head. Madam Pomfrey had given us the robes and then he pulled me away from the judges so they wouldn't overhear and said if I wasn't doing anything this summer and if I wanted to -"

"What did you say?" Ron interrupted.

 "He said that he'd never felt this way about anyone else before," Hermione went on, looking like she was burning. "but how could Skeeter have known? She wasn't there ... or maybe she does have an Invisibility Cloak, maybe she sneaked into the grounds to watch the second task."

"What did you say?" Ron repeated his previous question.

"Well, I was too busy making sure that you, Harry, and y/n were okay-"

"Fascinating about your social life, Miss. Granger," Snape spoke up. "I must ask you not to talk during my class. Ten points from Gryffindor."

Snape slithered over to where the quartet was sitting and snatched the magazine from the floor beside Harry. The whole class was all looking at them now.