Chapter 16. Forbidden Forest!

Your POV

Filch led us what seemed to be McGonagall's office.

I thought that things couldn't get any worse, but when Professor McGonagall came in she was dragging in Neville.

Well, shit!

"Harry!" Neville cried, when he layed eyes on us three. "I tried to find you to warn you, Malfoy said you had a drag-"

Harry shook his head violently to get Neville to stop. Shame Professor McGonagall saw it.

"I would never have believed it of any of you. Mr. Filch says you were up at the Astronomy Tower. It's one o'clock in the morning. Explain yourself!"

It was the first time I've ever seen Hermione not be able to answer a teachers question.

Harry and Neville didn't answer. I kept opening and closing my mouth, but I couldn't think of an excuse. Wait ...

"It was my fault, Professor!" I lied. Hermione and Harry turned to me. "I usually go up to the Astronomy Tower, to look at the stars, and I thought I would show Harry and Hermione. I didn't think that Neville would assume we had a dragon. I never heard that from Malfoy. Of course we haven't got one, but we were still out of Gryffindor Tower. It's my fault, and I'm sorry. For leaving the Tower, and bring Harry and Hermione."

Professor McGonagall turned to me.

"Thank you for telling me the truth, Miss. Black, but all four of you were out of bed at one in the morning."

My hopes of getting Hermione, Harry, and Neville out of here flew out the window. Now it's really my fault. Everything is.

"For being out of bed, all four of you earn detention - yes, you too, Mr. Longbottom. And fifty points will be taken off Gryffindor for this."

"Fifty!?" Harry gasped.

"Each," McGonagall finished.

My stomach sank.

I fucked it up. I fucked up. I am a fuck-up. 

"Please, Professor -" I tried to stay.

"Miss. Black, I suggest you keep quiet do you don't make things worse. I will owl you later this week for your detentions. Now, go back to your common room."

Two hundred points. I lost us two hundred points.

Back up in our dormitory, Hermione sat on the end of my bed.

I sat up to face her. "What do you want? If it's to blame me for this -"

"It's not your fault, Y/N," Hermione told me. "I want you to know that. You tried to get us out of there, even if you had to face the consequences. You are really brave for that."

"Thanks, Hermione," I smiled at her.

I crawled over to her and gave her a hug. She returned it and let her tears fall.

I didn't mind. I knew that my best friend was there at least. The rest of Gryffindor house will be at my throat.

~~~~~~~~~~