Chapter 46. Malfoy Manner!

Your POV

When I got home I wasn't abused, surprisingly. I was sent to my room, and to stay there until supper.

When supper came around Grandmother and Grandfather gave Delilah and I some exciting news.

"So you girls remember about the Quidditch World Cup happening this summer?" Grandfather asked us.

"Yes," Delilah and I answered at the same time.

"We bought you girls both tickets!" Grandmother cried, happily grabbing Delilah's hand. "Aren't you exciting, Delilah?"

"Uh huh," Delilah nodded.

I smiled to show them I was grateful, "Thank you, Grandfather and Grandmother."

They frowned at me, but it wasn't as though I expected something else.

"But, we won't be taking you to it," Grandfather told us. "Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy will be taking you girls, along with their son." My happiness fell with that. "Do you remember them, Delilah? They came over two summers ago."

"I remember," Delilah answered. "Mrs. Malfoy taught Y/n some piano pieces."

"That's right, darling," Grandmother smiled fondly at her. "Hopefully Narcissa will teach her, and you, some more."

I nodded my head, in a forced agreement.

"When will we be leaving for it?" I asked them as politely as I could.

"Some time in August," Grandfather answered coldly. "You'll leave for their place about two weeks before you'll actually be leaving for the World Cup."

"I see," I responded.

"And, Y/n, we will pick up Delilah a couple days after you get back from the World Cup, but you will stay with them. They will take you to Hogwarts." Grandfather informed me.

Great, stuck with Malfoy for like half of the summer, I thought.

"Yes, Grandfather."

~~~~~~~~~~

"They're allowing it to happen?" Grandmother asked Grandfather one afternoon as they were talking in their office, and I was eavesdropping.

"Yes, Janelle," Grandfather sighed. "But only those seventeen years and older can compete."

"What schools are all competing?" interrogated Grandmother.

"Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, and obviously Hogwarts if it's hosting it," Grandfather answered. "And we're allowed to go and watch!"

"But who will watch Delilah whilst we're away?"

"One of those nasty muggle neighbours we have could watch her."

"So one champion from every school?"

"And the Minister told me that there will be a student picked at the beggining of the year that will assist the champions."

"How old can they be?"

"At least fourteen," Grandfather replied. "Dumbledore will pick the student on the first day of term, and then the champions will be picked on October 31st, if I remember right."