Chapter 61. "CEDRIC! Please, no."

A somewhat long chapter, since it's from when Sirius came down to until the end of the third task. It is going to be sad, sad chapter.

TW: Death, thoughts of suicide and self-harm, more that I don't know how to word correctly.

If you've ever had any thought like that, or actions towards it I am always free to talk.

I hope you guys enjoy! Love you all!! Stay awesome!

3rd Person

Many months had past since Padfoot had visited, and he was sending letters daily to Y/n and Harry as it got closer to the third task. After their exams, Ron, Hermione, and Y/n were helping Harry with spells for the task. The only thing that Harry, Ron, and Hermione knew about the third task was about the maze, and that there were many different challenges in said maze.

At breakfast the morning of the task McGonagall came striding over to Harry, Ron, and Y/n, who had just saw Hermione run off a second ago.

"Potter, Black," McGonagall called for them, a memory floating through her head at those two names, "the champions and assistant are supposed to meet at the chamber of the hall after breakfast."

"But the task isn't until tonight!" Harry cried, dropping his eggs to his lap.

"I'm aware of that, Potter," she snapped. "The champions' families are invited to watch the final task, you know. This is simply a chance for you to greet them. Black, your grandparents are here to see you too." McGonagall gave her a sympathetic look as Y/n's eyes widened.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no," Y/n chanted.

Harry set his hand on top of hers, "It's going to be okay, Y/n/n," Harry soothed her. "I'll protect you. They can't hurt you here in front of everybody."

"I'm going to be late to Binns," Ron announced jumping up. "Good luck, Y/n/n," he said, patting her head as he went by.

"Yeah," Y/n sighed, her fear bobbing in her throat.

"Come on, Y/n, I won't leave your side, I promise," Harry vowed, standing up and pulling her along with him.

Y/n sighed once more and started moving with Harry towards the chamber that they entered the night Harry was picked as champion.

The other champions were already there, talking with their parents, Y/n instantly noticed her grandparents glaring at her with cold brown eyes and evil e/c ones. She also noticed Mrs. Weasley and Bill standing in another corner.

Harry smiled when he saw them and towed Y/n over to them, which she preferred rather than going to her grandparents.

"Surprise!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed when Harry and Y/n arrived over to them. "Thought we'd come and watch you!" She hugged the both of them, and whispered in Y/n's ear, "Just stay with us, dear. You don't have to go and talk to them."

Y/n made no movement to show that she heard Mrs. Weasley. Y/n knew that she did have to.

"You all right, Harry?" Bill asked, shaking his hand. "Charlie wanted to come, but he couldn't get time off. He said to tell you that you were incredible against the horntail."

"This was real nice of you," Harry whispered to Mrs. Weasley, as Y/n took a double take around the room. As she glanced over to the Delacour family she noticed Fleur eyeing bill over her mother's shoulder.

Y/n chuckled under her breath and turned around to the others' families. Cedric and his parents were having a conversation by the door, and Viktor was in a deep conversation with his parents, talking in Bulgarian. Y/n allowed herself another peak at her grandparents, and grew startled when her grandmother beckoned her over with a no objections look in her eyes.