Chapter 66. Professor Umbitch!

Your POV

Like every first day of school when we got seated at the Gryffindor table Professor McGonagall handed out our time tables. Ron and I let out a disappointed groan at the same time.

"Well, doesn't today just look fine and dandy," I sneered down at my timetable. "History of Magic, double Potions, Divination, and double Defense Against the Dark arts all in the same day! That's Binns, Snape, Trelawney, and that Umbridge woman on the first day! That is some utter bull-"

Hermione jabbed me in the ribs with her elbow and gestured towards some second years that sat a couple seats away  from us. I rolled my eyes and complained once more.

"Merlin, if today wasn't the first day I'd skip about half of these!"

"Who wouldn't want to skip class?" George asked, sitting down next to Harry and Ron, across from Hermione and I.

"Let me see your timetable," Fred demanded, sitting down beside his twin and stuck his hand out towards me. "It has to be really bad for you to want to skip class."

I handed Fred my timetable. I watched in amusement as both Fred and George's eyebrows rose into their hairlines.

"Good God! I can see why you would want to skip," Fred exclaimed and passed my timetable back to my awaiting palm. "How the bloody hell are you all going to survive?"

"I don't know, but if I punch Malfoy I blame it on the timetable," I joked.

My friends around me laughed. I chuckled at my own joke, suddenly remembering the time I actually did punch him. And, oh boy, I wish I could do it again.

~~~~~~~~~~

During lunch Angelina walked up to the four of us just as we sat down.

"Hey, Angelina," I greeted her with a smile, "did you have a good summer?"

"Oh yes," Angelina replied, with an even bigger grin than I had currently. "What about you?"

"It was better than most," I answered.

"That's nice," Angelina said. "Anyway, you will never believe it!" She was practically bouncing with excitement. I couldn't help but smile myself.

"What?" I asked.

"I was made captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team!" she announced.

My smile widened. "That's wonderful, Angelina! I'm so excited for you!"

"Thanks!" Angelina cried. "I wanted to tell you and Harry that tryouts are on Friday. I want the best seeker I have ever seen and the best chaser I've had the pleasure to work with on my team. With you two on the Gryffindor team, we're winning this year's Quidditch Cup!"

"We'll be there!" I promised Angelina. With my promise, Angelina smiled even more and skipped back to where she was sitting with Alicia. "I'm so happy that she was made captain! No one deserves it more than her!"

"Agreed," Harry said.

~~~~~~~~~~

After some how surviving most of the day I only had one class left, sadly it was a double class with a teacher that seemed to be a bitch even though I hadn't met her yet. I was dreading it, and so were my friends. In fact, we were so unenthusiastic, Hermione included for once in her life, we walked as slow as we could towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. However we still managed to arrive on time.