Chapter 24. Valentine's Day!

Your POV

I woke up to Hermione shaking me on the morning of February fourteenth.

"Hermione, I had Quidditch practice last night," I whined, "let me sleep in."

"No can do, Y/N/N," Hermione sang. "we have classes this morning!"

"Ugh," I moaned. "Please let me at least skip breakfast."

"No," Hermione scolded. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Professor Lockhart also said that there will be a surprise today!"

"You and your precious Professor Lockhart," I mumbled.

"Hey!" Hermione hit me with my pillow.

We started giggling, which turned into laughing, which made tears leak out of our eyes.

"Let's go eat," Hermione wheezed. "Get dressed."

"Yes, your Majesty," I fake bowed. 

She threw another pillow at me.

When I went down to the common room, ten minutes later, Hermione and Ron were sitting on a couch waiting for me.

"Where's Harry?" I asked them.

" Sleeping," Ron answered. "He was out late last night due to Quidditch."

"I know," I said, "I was there. But Miss. Gotta Be Up By The Break Of Dawn wouldn't let me sleep."

"Har, har," Hermione said. "Are we going to go down or not?"

"Yeah," Ron sighed, "let's go."

When we arrived in the Great Hall, everything was covered in pink, red, white, and purple. Pink hearts were falling down from the ceiling.

I felt sick.

I looked to Ron and Hermione.

'I think I'm going to be sick,' Ron's thoughts said.

'Professor Lockhart has out done himself,' Hermione giggled to herself. 'This is wonderful!'

"This place if awful!' I exclaimed.

"Agreed," Ron groaned.

"No it isn't!" Hermione defended Lockhart.

"Whatever you think, Hermione," I said. "Let's just eat, and hope no confetti falls in our food."

Several minutes later Harry joined us at the Gryffindor table.

"What's going on?" Harry asked, wiping confetti off his bacon.

Ron pointed at the teachers' table, too disgusted to speak.

Lockhart was wearing the same coloured robes as the pink falling from the roof. He was waving his for silence. Which I was not going to give, if I could speak. But I felt like puking every time I opened my mouth.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Lockhart shouted. "And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all - and it doesn't end here."

"Oh, joy!" I joked.

Lockhart clapped his hands and through the doors to the Entrance Hall marched a dozen surly-looking dwarfs. All the dwarfs were wearing golden wings, and carrying harps. Poor things. They don't deserve that.

"My friendly, card-carrying cupids!" Lockhart beamed. "They will be roving around the school today, delivering your Valentines! And the fun doesn't stop there! I'm sure m,y colleagues will will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a love potion! And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments  than any wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog!"