Chapter 19. Summer!

Your POV

I was laying on the stone floor of the basement of my grandparents house. (I refuse to call this place home.) My dried blood, from this time and others, covers the grey floor and walls. I keep hearing my screams from the Cruciatus Curse my grandparents put me under.

It's only been four days since I got off the Hogwarts Express, and I as right, this is hell. I want to leave, for good. Whether that means to die, or leave this house. I just want to leave for good. 

"Please," I cried quietly, barely audible, "someone save me. Please. Help me."

Tears threaten to spill out of my E/C eyes.

"What happened to yor eyes?" my little sister, Delilah asked.

I was ten, she was four. I was laying on my back, on my bed, and she crawled to lay beside me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, still looking at the ceiling.

"Yor eyes used to have dis sparkwe," she told me.

I could tell she was staring at the side of my head.

"They never had a sparkle, Delilah," I said firmly.

"Dat's not true," she responded. "When we wived with Mummy-"

"You never knew Mum," I choked. 

Those acid tears, filled in my eyes. I hadn't let any tears flow out of my eyes since I was seven I wasn't going to let anyone see me cry when they wanted me to.

"Dat's not true!" Delilah cried. "I was won when she weft, but dat doesn't mean I didn't know her."

"You're too young to remember her," I sigh.

The tears had gone, I was starting to get angry. But I promised myself that I wouldn't shout at Delilah. She has to hear Grandmother and Grandfather yelling at me enough anyways.

"I wemember dat you wook wike her," she whispered.

I turn to look at her, sharply.

There are tears sprinkling out of her light blue eyes.

Today they are blue. Like her hair, her hair is blue. 

I did that to her. I'm so sorry Delilah.

I pushed her blue hair out of her eyes. I wiped the tears off her cheeks, and pulled her small body close to my own.

"That sparkle has been gone for a long time, Delilah," I spoke into her hair. "I don't think I'll ever get it back."

"I want it back," she bawled. "I miss you. I miss Mummy. Where did Mummy go, Y/N?"

My heart broke at those words. "Somewhere where she's happy, safe, comfortable. Y'know that she's still with you?"

"Where?" Delilah asked.

"In here," I pointed to her heart, and started tickling her sides.

She giggled.

"SHUT UP!" Grandmother yelled.

"Why do dey hate me?" said Delilah. I noticed a bit of hurt in her voice.

"They don't hate you," I reassured her. "They hate me."

"Who could hate you?"

"A lot of people hate me, Delilah. I'm surprised you don't."