Chapter 21. Quidditch Tryouts

Your POV

I woke up to Hermione jumping on my bed.

"Come on, Y/N!" she screamed with joy. "You have Quidditch tryouts! Aren't you excited? What position are you trying out for? I'm miss you cheering for Harry you know."

"Well now you can cheer for me," I giggled, getting up. "Quidditch runs in my blood y'know. All of my uncles played Seeker, my father played Beater, and my mother played a really good Chaser. Although she never played for her house because she didn't like playing that competitively. I'm going for Chaser, since my mother never got to."

Hermione sighed contently. "Chaser, that seems pretty dangerous. Doesn't it?"

"I can handle myself, Hermione," I told her. "I need to get dressed now, I'm so scared."

"It's just the nerves," Hermione explained. "You'll feel better after eating."

"Yeah, yeah," I brushed off. "Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you everyone for coming," Oliver Wood said out in the Quidditch pitch. "Don't be upset of you don't make the team, I had a perfect one last year and hope that we can keep it just like it was. However, I will watch to see how well you can do, just for backup. First we'll start with Seekers, than Beaters, and lastly Chasers. If you are going for Keeper, that's too bad since he is right here."

A few people left. I felt someone grab my hand, and looked over to see Harry. He gave me a reassuring smile, and squeezed my hand. I gave his hand a squeeze back.

"Good luck," I whispered when it was his turn to try out.

Harry was amazing! If he doesn't make them team, I'll have to see what's wrong with Wood's head.

"Beaters!" Wood called out to all the wanna be Beaters.

I looked up to the sky and a took a deep breath.

'Don't be nervous,' I told myself, 'just pretend like you're playing against the Weasley's. Like you did this summer.'

"Chasers!" Wood called.

I stood up, along with four other girls and a boy. Three of those girls were on the Quidditch team last year.

"Since there are six of you, I'll split you all up and see how you work," Wood told us. "First, Spinnet, Bell, Johnson."

Of course last years Chasers would go first.

WOW!

There are amazing.

"Now, Clark, Wilson, and Black."

A wave of murmurs ran through the crowd.

The kids I played with weren't the best, and I basically held the Quaffle the whole time. Yes, I did pass to them, but they are awful at catching. So I had to dive down and grab it before it hit the ground.

Whenever I did that people would cheer when I came out of the dive, unscathed.

"Clark, Wilson, you can go," Wood told them. "Bell, Spinnet, Black, you three go now."

This time, playing with them was so much easier. We worked like a team, and held the Quaffle an equal amount of times. The only one who would really drop it, was Katie Bell, but Alicia Spinnet and I would recover it.

"Bell, Johnson, Black, go!"

Same thing as last time. I know Katie is really good, but what's gotten into her?