Chapter 8. Christmas!

A/N

She's back! Hello everybody!!! So I really, really want to get a move on and finish the first book. So today and all of next week I will post a chapter everyday, even if I finish the book and start the second. You guys deserve it! On Tuesday, I doubt I'll post anything 'cause I have an orthodontist appointment. Stupid braces! So I'll either do two chapter on Monday or Wednesday, or both! I'll try to do two chapters today and Sunday, today is Saturday, but my family is busy with our farm so I might not be able to. We're calving and I have to go out and help lots. If you guys want it, I can totally get some picture of our calves for you all! Just let me know! Okay, enough rambling, on with the story! I hope you guys enjoy! Love you all!

Your POV

Christmas was approaching and one morning in mid-December I woke up to Hogwarts covered in several feet of snow! The Black Lake had froze over and the annoyingly painful (like my brother) Weasley twins were punished for bewitching snowballs that followed Quirrell around, and bounced off his turban. 

I admit that this prank was funny!

The owls that managed to battle through the frightening winds were nursed back to health from Hagrid before flying off again.

No one could wait for the holiday's to start. While the Gryffindor common room and the Great Hall had roaring fires, the long corridors had become very icy and cold. Wind would rattle the windows on classrooms. Worst of all was Potions, where our breaths would turn to mist while we would try and heat ourselves up next to our warming cauldrons.

"I do feel so sorry," Malfoy started one day in a freezing Potions class, "for all those poor people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because their families don't want them at home."

He was looking straight at Harry and I as he spoke. Crabbe and Goyle chuckled their stupid laughs. I was measuring out powdered spine of lionfish ignored them. Malfoy had been even more unpleasant since Gryffindor kicked Slytherin's ass in Quidditch. Disgusted that Slytherin had lost, he had tried to get everyone laughing that they'll be replacing Harry as a wide-mouthed frog for Seeker. However, everyone was just amazed that Harry had stayed on his broom for that long. So Malfoy, who was not doubt jealous and angry, had gone back to making fun of Harry for not having a proper family. 

But whenever he had brought this up I had been dragged into it.

It was true that I was not going home for the holiday's and that was for two reasons. 1, the most important, I didn't want to be abused all Christmas. 2, my grandparents told me that they didn't want me there. I really don't care what they think.

Professor McGonagall had come around the week before, making a list of all the people that would stay home for Christmas, and Harry and I put our names on the list immediately. I was happy that for once I would get away from my grandparents for at least one Christmas since I've been stuck with them. Ron was staying too, because Mr. and Mrs. Weasley would be going to Romania to visit Charlie.

When we left the dongones after Potions, we found a large fir tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom and a puffing sound told us Hagrid was behind it.

"Hi,  Hagrid, want any help?" Ron asked, sticking his hand through the branches.

"Nah, I'm all right, thanks, Ron."

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Malfoy's cold voice rang through the corridor. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose - that hut of Hagrid's must be a castle compared to your family's used to."