Chapter 32. September 1st!

Your POV 

As the train left the station Harry whispered to us, "I need to talk to you in private."

"Go away, Ginny," Ron demanded his sister.

"Oh, that's nice," Ginny grumbled as she turned and began to walk away.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I walked down the train, looking for an empty compartment.

They were all filled, expect for one at the end, where a man sat, slumped against the wall, asleep. As I got a closer look, I saw a familiar face, one that I haven't seen since I was seven. Remus Lupin, my godfather, was sleeping in the same compartment as me.

Remus was wearing a shabby set of robes and his light brown hair was streaked with grey. He looked sick, like the full moon had just past. Probably had.

"Who d'you reckon he is?" Ron asked us, shutting the door and taking the other seat that Remus was sleeping on, Hermione  joining him.

Harry sat down on the same side, and I sat in between him and Remus.

"Professor R.J Lupin," Hermione said at the same time I said, "Remus Lupin."

 "How d'you two know that?"

"It's on his suitcase, Ronald," Hermione sighed, pointing at the case above his head.

"How do you know his first name, Y/n?" Ron turned to me.

I mentally panicked for a moment. "Saw him working somewhere else once."

"Wonder what he teaches?" Ron pondered.

"Defence Against the Dark Arts," Hermione whispered. "It's the only vacant spot."

"I hope he's up to it," Ron said, "He looks like one good hex would finish him off, doesn't he? Anyway ..." he turned to Harry, "what were you going to tell us?"

Harry told us about some fight he heard from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and then about Mr. Weasley told him. Something about my dad trying to kill Harry.

When he finished Ron looked thunderstruck, and Hermione had her hands over her mouth. When she lowered them she said, "Sirius Black escaped to come after you!? Oh, Harry ... you'll have to be really, really careful. Don't go looking for trouble, Harry ..."

"Trouble usually comes after Harry, Hermione," I laughed.

"Besides," Ron stated, "how thick would Harry have to be to go looking after someone who wants to kill him?"

Hermione and Ron seemed much more terrified about Dad than Harry was. I was not. Dad wouldn't kill Harry, it would be Peter...

My gaze fell onto Ron's rat, Scabbers. Could he be?

I looked at his paw, and sure enough, there was a finger missing.

If Dad kept saying that he was a Hogwarts, and the newspaper with Ron's family on it, with Scabbers there, Dad could have got it that Scabbers is Pettigrew.

It is possible, Ron said that his family had had Scabbers for twelve years now, Pettigrew cut off his finger, Pettigrew's animagus was a rat, it all fit.

Next thing I knew, Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, was purring on my lap, and the compartment door was flung open to reveal Malfoy and his cronies.

"Well, look who it is," Malfoy drawled, "Potty and the Weasel."

Crabbe and Goyle laughed.

"I heard your father finally got his hands on some gold, Weasley," Malfoy said. "Did your mother die of shock?"