Chapter 26. Aragog!

A/N

I want to say 'Happy Canada Day' to all my fellow Canucks. I hope you guys are doing something special for it, and have a good day. So tomorrow I'm leaving to go on a camping trip for the weekend. I might be able to get another chapter out tomorrow morning, or like five minutes before I need to leave. I'm leaving at like 1 in the afternoon, so I might have time. But just so you know if there will not be chapters posted on Saturday and Sunday, unless they are really short and somehow I get some WiFi. So I hope you all enjoy, love you guys!

Your POV

Summer was approaching Hogwarts, but with out Hagrid's figure around the grounds it didn't feel right.

Harry, Ron, and I tried to visit Hermione, but visitors were banned from the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey said that they weren't taking any chances, they thought the attacker would come back and finish them off.

Without Dumbledore here things were less like Hogwarts. The halls were quiet and any laughter was unnatural and it stopped quickly.

Harry, Ron, and I were looking for spiders. Ron was too excited when ever we said that we were going looking for them. However, we hadn't found any spiders. Which was odd, because there were also so many whenever there was an attack. We also couldn't left the tower unless it was for class, so that made it harder.

'What was that animal that Hermione told me about that one night?' I asked myself every night. 'Spiders run from it, a cock's crow is fatal to it, it can kill people with a stare, but no one has looked it in the eye, just from reflections. That's how no one's died. What was it called?'

Only Draco Malfoy seemed to liked the terror and suspicion in the air. Then again, he's a foul git, so of course he'd strut around the castle looking like he owned the place.

We had just finished Potions when I saw Harry and Dean trying to hold Ron back from killing Malfoy.

"-I'm going to kill him with my bare hands!" I heard he exclaim.

"Not before I do," I said grimly, coming up behind them.

They all jumped.

"It's just you," Harry breathed. "I was scared for a minute there."

"Hurry up," Snape barked. "I've got to take you all to Herbology."

So off we went in semi file. Dean left to go walk to Seamus, so Harry and I were holding Ron back. He was still trying to go at Malfoy. It was finally safe to let him go when we were walking down the grounds to the Greenhouses.

Hermione and Justin were no longer in Herbology, so we were two down.

So joining Harry, Ron, and I were Ernie (who had forgiven Harry when Hermione was attacked) and Hannah.

"That Malfoy character ," Ernie said, whilst breaking off dead twigs, "he seems very please about all this, doesn't he? D'you know, I think he might be the heir of Slytherin."

"That's very clever of you," I commented.

"Do you think it's him?" Hannah whispered to me, she was on my left.

"Surprisingly, I don't," I answered. She looked quite shocked. "There would be more than just muggle-borns petrified. He would have tried to kill anyone who made him angry."

"That's a fair point," Hannah agreed. "Then, who do you think it is?"

"Some Slytherin," I shrugged. "Only because no one from that house has been attacked."