Chapter 2. The Sorting!

A/N

I was too lazy to put in the whole "before they enter the Great Hall" thing. So currently you and your new found friends have just entered the Great Hall and are about to be sorted. It's a shame you already know your house, that means you don't have the anxiety before getting in a house. Unless your like me, and always have anxiety. :)

Your POV

 As Professor McGonagall placed an old hat on the stool I wondered 'is this the famous Sorting Hat?'

I looked around and saw that many first years were disappointed on how we would be sorted. My grandparents had told me about the sorting hat. 

I looked back to the hat, and it started singing!

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty                                                                                                                              But don't judge on what you see,                                                                                                                                I'll eat myself if you can find                                                                                                                                            A smarter hat than me.

You can keep you bowlers black,                                                                                                                                  Your top hats sleek and tall,                                                                                                                                            For I am the Hogwarts Sorting Hat                                                                                                                                And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head                                                                                                                          The Sorting Hat can't see,                                                                                                                                                So try me on and I will tell you                                                                                                                                        Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,                                                                                                                                      Where dwell the brave at heart,                                                                                                                                      Their daring nerve and chivalry                                                                                                                                     Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,                                                                                                                                      Where they are just as loyal,                                                                                                                                            Those patient Hufflepuffs are true                                                                                                                                And unafraid of toil;