Chapter 10

Kuuga: "That's gonna be tough to defend."

Kuuga notices Izuku having a determined face as he clenches his fist.

Kuuga: "Guess he's willing to put up a fight, that's good."

He looks at the sides to see the cloaked individuals still staring at him.

Kuuga: (Mentally) "Seriously, they're starting to creep me out."

Midnight: "Now then, I will explain the rules of the Cavalry battle. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until the time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!"

Kuuga: (mentally) "42 players will get to play, so there will be ten to twelve teams… if I think of this correctly, it will be a team up against ten million points, so teaming up with Midoriya is gonna be a nightmare."

Midnight: "During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks. But it is still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately!"

The screen behind Midnight shows a timer of fifteen minutes to make a team.

Midnight: "Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!"

Everyone begins to scramble and approach each other to team up.

Kuuga: "What a mess…"

Some students begin approaching Kuuga, offering him a spot on their team, but he shrugs it off and walks around aimlessly.

From afar, Jiro is seen standing with Koda and Sato, looking for one more member. She spots Kuuga walking around, looking at the ground.

Jiro: "Kiriu-!"

Multiple tapes suddenly went over and stuck on him.

Kuuga: What the-!"

The tapes then pull him towards Sero, who is standing with Kirishima and Bakugo. Jiro pouts again and crosses her arms as her Earphone jacks rise up.

Sato: "Hagakure is joining us!"

Jiro turns to see a floating gym uniform moving excitedly.

Hagakure: "Let's do our best!"

-----------

Kuuga uses his mist to cut the tape and cushion himself as he lands in front of his assumed team.

Kuuga: "Why did you just pull me like that?! You could've called me in a proper way!"

Sero smiles nervously as he scratches his head.

Sero: "We want to make sure you become part of the team!"

Kuuga stands up as his eyes meet with Kirishima and Bakugo.

Bakugo: "Why did you bring this Stupid Mist Boy here?!"

Kuuga: "Why is the possum here?!"

The two glare at each other.

Kirishima: "C-Calm down, you two, Sero brought Kiriu here because we figured he could be a good defense and attack!"

Sero: "He can make the strongest wall and make unexpected attacks!"