Chapter 46

((A/N): "Man, I wish I could cover S4 opening on guitar, but hey, my skills aren't there yet for the first part. Maybe in the future…?")

-----

The scene changes inside an abandoned warehouse at night with The League of Villains sitting together as they watch Twice enter the building with a man named Overhaul.

Misaki: "Who's that?"

Twice: "Hey guys, I've brought him back, I'm back! He was a surprisingly good guy after I talked to him. He said he wanted to talk to you. Isn't that disgusting?"

Shigaraki: "You brought a crazy big fish, huh, Twice?"

Overhaul: "Big fish? That's ironic… League of Villains."

Misaki: "Who's that?"

Magne: "What? Is that guy someone famous?"

Shigaraki: "Master showed me a picture of him before. He's what you'd call "Yakuza." The young head of Shie Hassaikai."

Magne: "The young head of the Shie Hassaikai… (snickers) So he's the number two of organized crime? Oh my, I've never seen anything like him! He smells dangerous!"

Toga: "Organized crime?"

Misaki: "Is that different from us?"

Compress: "All right, let me tell you. In the past, there were lots of scary groups that ran the underworld. But, after heroes started thriving, they were unmasked and disbanded, and once All Might appeared on the scene, the era was over. The survivors who haven't been caught became designated villain groups… In other words, they were treated like villain reserves just scraping by to make a living under the watch of police. Frankly, they're obsolete and should be protected species."

Overhaul: (mutters) "Protected species, huh? Well, he's not wrong."

Magne: "So why is this impoverished yakuza boy here? Are you also on a high because of All Might's retirement?"

Overhaul: "No, it's less about All Might and more about the loss of All For One. The emperor of darkness who ruled over all of the underside of society. My generation treated him like an urban legend, but our elders believed they had reason to fear him. Even after he was rumored to be dead. But this time, he showed up in the flesh… All Might retired, and All For One was thrown into Tartarus. In other words, right now, for both those in the sun and those in the shadows, there is no leader. So then, who will be the next leader?"

Shigaraki took a step forward.

Shigaraki: "If you know who my master is, and you're still saying that… Are you here to challenge me? I'm the next leader. Even now, I'm gathering my troops. Our numbers will increase soon. And with that power, I'll crush the hero society starting with its head."

Overhaul: "Do you have a plan?"

Shigaraki: "A plan? You little… You came here to join us, didn't you?"

Twice begins to panic a little as Overhaul walks forward.

Overhaul: "A goal with no plan is called a delusion. If you present me with a delusion, then how am I supposed to react? What are you going to do after you increase your forces? How do you plan to manage them in the first place? What kind of organizational chart are you trying to create? Starting with Hero Killer: Stain, there was also Muscular and Moonfish. They were all first-class game pieces, but you lost them right away, didn't you? Did you not understand how to use them? You can't even manage ten or so crazy people, and you're talking about increasing your forces? What'll you do after gathering power that you can't control? (Raises hands) You need a plan in order to achieve your goal. And I have a plan. I didn't come here today because I wanted to join you."