Chapter 12

Present Mic: "Midoriya! The match just started… and he's completely frozen?! He's got a blank look on his face like Kiriu and isn't moving a muscle! Is this Shinso's quirk?! He didn't stand out at all, but could he actually be someone amazing?"

Kuuga: (mentally) "Did he just really use me as a comparison?"

Present Mic: "Hitoshi Shinso from general studies has gotten the better of Izuku Midoriya from the Hero course! Who would've imagined this?! Will the bottom really overthrow the top?!"

Izuku continued to stand frozen, but suddenly turned around and slowly began walking out of bounds.

Present Mic: "Eh?.... What?! Midoriya's being so obedient!"

Uraraka: (Worriedly) "Deku, why?"

Iida: (swinging boi hand) "If you go out of bounds, then you'll lose the match!"

Kuuga: (closes eyes) "I see."

Kirishima: "Huh?"

Kuuga: "A quirk is probably in use right now."

Kuuga opens his eyes and stares at the arena.

Kuuga: "Something related to probably brainwashing. Midoriya wouldn't do such a thing like casually walking out. Anyways, if he cannot counter that, then it's over for him."

Before Izuku steps out, a shockwave erupts, stopping him from going out, and waking up.

Present Mic: "Th-This… Midoriya's stopped!"

The crowd erupts into cheers.

Iida: "Midoriya!"

Uraraka: "I'm… I'm so glad!"

Ojiro: "That's crazy." (Sighs in relief)

Kuuga: (yawns) "Interesting. Now that general studies guy is over with."

Kirishima: "How so?"

Kuuga: "Because that's his only capability and Midoriya has that mysterious quirk of his that injures him every time."

Kuuga: (sighs) "I shouldn't have said that Class A should go Plus Ultra…"

Kirishima: "Eh?"

Kuuga: "I'm not that interested really, since people who have a direct connection with my mother are here. I lost all my will to even compete properly. I just said such things a while ago to boost all of your spirits… (sighs) I can't even raise my own."

Kuuga scratches his head frustratingly as Kirishima then pats his back. From a few seats away from them, a certain earphone girl overheard the conversation accidentally.

Kirishima: "Don't worry about it! You did quite well, plus I got your back everytime you go down, it's not manly of me to leave friends down!"

Kuuga: "..."

Kuuga sighs internally as he watches the match as Izuku rushes Shinso, with the two exchanging short punches before Izuku throws him over his shoulder, sending the purple haired boy out.

Midnight: "Shinso is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to round two!"

Present Mic: "In the finals, the first person to advance to the second round is Izuku Midoriya from Class A!"

Uraraka: (slumps down) "I was nervous!"

Iida: "Turning the tables at the last moment! As expected of Midoriya!"

-------

The flames around the arena erupt again as the crowd roars.

Present Mic: "Thanks for waiting! Next up is… these guys!"