Chapter 49

(A/N: Another special chapter in it's own way! Gotta love-hate Kuuga!)

-----

The scene opens up inside the TDL with Kuuga, Kirishima, Sayo, Izuku, Tsuyu, and Uraraka climbing a rocky wall.

Jiro: "The movements of the work study group are especially sharp."

Bakugo: "They figured something out while outside! Hey what'd you figure out?! Tell me!"

Kirishima: "Sorry, I can't!"

Kuuga: "Shut up, Jeanist Hair!"

-----

A flashback is seen with the said students and the Big Three gathered around a table while Aizawa stood in front of them.

Aizawa: "That said, apart from the Big Three, and maybe even Kiriu, who are at least as strong as the pros, and possibly Aisaka might join whether she likes to or not, the rest of you probably won't have big parts to play. Asui, Uraraka, Kirishima. You three aren't here of your own volition, what would you like to do?"

Uraraka: "Mr.- I mean, Eraser Head! After hearing that, I can't say I'm not going to help!"

Tsuyu: "If you aren't going to say we can't do it, then I would like to help!"

Amajiki: "Since the heroes had you participate in the meeting, I think they have recognized the first years' abilities. In fact, I saw firsthand how a first year could shine much brighter than me."

Nejire: "You start going off on that whenever you get the chance."

Kirishima: "If I can help that girl with my power even a little, then I'll do it, Eraser Head!"

Aizawa: "It's fine as long as you understand. Our goal this time is only to rescue the girl, Eri. We won't step in further than that. It is the opinion of the police and Nighteye that the League of Villains and the Shie Hassaikai are not in a partnership, so the chances are low that the League will be involved in this time's raid. But in case they're wrong, and the League ends up involved, then you guys are out."

Everyone: "Roger!"

Aizawa: "But in the case of Kiriu and Aisaka, you two exercise the same authority as a full member of the Arcane Hero Agency, which has less restrictions, you are still able to operate even if the others are pulled out. With that, Kiriu, you are in charge of your classmates involved. If you see any members of the League, pull them out immediately."

Kuuga: "I understand, Eraser Head."

Aizawa: "Kiriu will act as your class rep in the raid, listen to what he has to say when I'm not around."

Everyone: "Yes, sir!"

-----

Kuuga is seen walking to the cafeteria when he encounters Jiro waiting for him at the entrance.

Jiro: "Kiriu."

Kuuga: "What?"

Jiro walks towards him and playfully punches his arm, but he doesn't react.

Jiro: (mockingly) "What's with you today? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"

Kuuga: "Nothing. I'm fine. Move."

Jiro: "Something happened in your work study? You've been colder than usual."

Kuuga: "I'm… fine."

Kuuga looks down and grits his teeth a bit.

Jiro: "You know you can talk about what you're going through-!"