Chapter 21

Kuuga is seen packing up his suitcase as Izuku, Todoroki, and Iida look at him.

Izuku: "You're just gonna go home?"

Kuuga: (nods) "Yeah. My mom took her mother's role very seriously and told me to go home and recover, even though I had the lightest injury out of all of us."

Iida: "It still is pretty major, since you got two knives embedded deeply in your back."

Kuuga: "You three still had it worse. But I'm taking the chance, since..."

Kuuga imagines the noisy Sayo laughing loudly and causing attention in public. Making him shiver internally.

Kuuga: (sweat drops) "N-Never mind. You three rest up here. It's not that I care what you guys do."

Iida: (chuckles) "Thank you, Kiriu."

Kuuga: (nods) "Yeah."

He closed the door on them as he took the train back home where he studied, trained, and rested.

--------

The scene opens up in Class 1-A's classroom where Kirishima and Sero are laughing at Bakugo, seeing him having a hair similar to Best Jeanist.

Kirishima, Sero: "Seriously, seriously, Bakugo?!"

Bakugo: "Stop laughing! My hair's gotten used to it. So it won't go back even after I wash it!"

They both continue to laugh.

Bakugo: "Stop laughing, I'll kill you!"

Sero: "I'd like to see you try, Side-Part boy!"

Bakugo's hair suddenly changed back to his original spiky hair.

Bakugo: "What'd you say?!"

Kirishima, Sero: "It's back!"

Everyone else continues to chat when the back door of the classroom opens to reveal Kuuga entering looking like his usual tired self, catching everyone's attention.

Kirishima: "Oi, Kiriu!"

Kuuga: "Oh. It's been a while."

Kirishima and Sero ran towards him.

Sero: "Don't say like nothing happened!"

Kirishima: "You were in the news! We were worried because you weren't responding to our messages."

Kuuga looks at him confused, he opens his phone to see multiple messages from Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari, and Jiro.

Kuuga: "I didn't even touch my phone last week... how am I in the news-!"

Kuuga opens his social media to see a picture of him from his first day in Yokohama, blocking off the battle zone and asking the reporter to leave. He looks at the article title seeing: "Rising Hero: "Zero", makes debut in Yokohama streets".

Kuuga: "Oh. That."

Kirishima: "You handled the situation with passion!"

He pats Kuuga's back, making him scream in pain, making everyone stare at him.

Kuuga: "That hurt.... Dammit!"

Kirishima sweat drops at Kuuga while Jiro calls out to the real deal.

Jiro: "Are you okay?"

Kuuga: "Right now, no! I had a wound in my back that isn't fully healed yet!"

Kirishima: "Wh-What happened?"

Kuuga: "A knife pierced my back."

Kirishima: "Eh?!"