Chapter 52

His eyes widened as the left forearm changed patterns and disassembled his arm, blood scattering everywhere. The mist hero falls to the floor, his left forearm gone, creating a small bloodbath. Mirio and Eri gain a horrified look.

Mirio: (horrified) "Zero!"

The scene changes to a black void as Kuuga's hysterical scream is heard.

-----

The broken and bloodied temperature watch on the floor is seen as Kuuga rolls on the ground, still screaming in pain as he holds what was left of his left arm. Overhaul is seen standing by Kuuga, glaring at Mirio.

Overhaul: "The diseased… have been given quirks that let them dream. Thinking you can actually become something is an illness of mind. It's funny! With the power of that girl you have come here to save, everything you've worked to cultivate… has now gone to waste!"

Small tears escaped from Kuuga's right eyes as he gritted his teeth from extreme pain.

Kuuga: (weakly) "Get out of here, Lemillion!"

Mirio suddenly throws Chronostasis towards Overhaul, blocking his vision. Mirio charges towards Overhaul and punches his arm.

Mirio: (mentally) "Predict his next move! Everything I've done up until now has not gone to waste! Nor is he!"

Mirio charges towards Overhaul.

Mirio: "I'm still Lemillion!"

Overhaul tries to hold Mirio with his left arm but he ducks under it and throws a huge uppercut.

Kuuga: (mentally, weakly) "You're built differently… Lemillion…"

Kuuga grunts in pain as he and Eri watch the fight with Mirio dodging Overhaul's spikes. Kuuga noticed a spike about to come to Eri.

Kuuga: (weakly) "L-Lemill-" (coughs)

Mirio turns around and tackles Eri, saving her from the spike as Kuuga grits his teeth and covers himself with his own mist as he gets thrown around the battle zone while being protected by one quirk. Mirio continues to fight and dodge with a spike grazing his left leg as he rushes towards Overhaul. A spike went for Eri but Mirio blocked it as the spike pierced his left leg and upper extremity. Eri watches everything with tears. Kuuga deactivates his quirk as he sees Mirio's condition as he coughs and grows weaker.

Overhaul: "Did you two want to become a hero so badly? To save Eri that bady, Lemillion? Zero? It's a filthy disease of our time. I'll fix guys like you two. With Eri's power."

Mirio pulls the spike out of his upper extremity.

Mirio: (weakly) "Nighteye… Tamaki… Everyone!"

Mirio glances at Kuuga who is lying on the ground, still shaken from his lost arm. He glares at Overhaul and rushes towards him again.

Mirio: "Chisaki!"

Kuuga: (mentally) "Don't…"

Overhaul: "I thought I told you I threw that name away!"

The wall near them suddenly explodes as Izuku, Aizawa, and Nighteye burst through. Mirio and Kuuga witness as Izuku jumps and punches Overhaul away as Aizawa Erased Overhaul's quirk.

Aizawa: "Nighteye! Secure those who need treatment!"

Nighteye: "Mirio!"

Mirio: (weakly) "Eri and Zero… are behind… me."

Mirio stood aside, revealing Kuuga wobbly standing beside Eri.

Kuuga: (weakly) "Girl… is… secured…"