Chapter 53

The scene opens up to a black void as Jiro's voice is heard.

Jiro: (unseen) "Remember back in the sports festival you don't have an inspiration to go all out. You now have an inspiration to go all out, don't you?"

Kuuga: (unseen) "I… don't know…"

-----

The scene opens up to the aftermath of the raid with heroes and police officers being helped by paramedics out of the Hassaikai residence with Sayo and Rock Lock being assisted to an ambulance with their stab wounds. Amajiki is seen watching unconscious Mirio get taken away by doctors. He turns around and sees a thinner Fat Gum take a barely consciousKirishima, who is covered by bandages to an ambulance.

Izuku is seen talking with the chief of police while carrying an unconscious Eri, whose face is a bit red.

Izuku: "She started getting feverish after passing out…"

A paramedic approaches and takes Eri.

Chief: "Let's take her to the hospital for now. And you, too."

Izuku: "Yes, sir."

Paramedic 1: "His pulse is dropping!"

Paramedic 2: "This one, too!"

Arcane: (voice breaking) "Get him to the hospital now. Hurry! Hurry!"

Izuku glances and sees a conscious Nighteye and unconscious Kuuga being taken away as Arcane is present, having a horrified expression on her face as she assists on pushing Kuuga's stretcher towards a different ambulance.

Izuku: "Kiriu…"

Izuku runs towards Nighteye, followed by the Chief of police.

Izuku: "Nighteye!"

The paramedics try to intervene but the chief of police stops them.

Izuku: "Nighteye. I forgot to tell you!"

Nighteye: (weakly) "Midoriya… (mentally) This is a different future from the one I saw. I don't understand why it happened, but he made my wish into reality… (loudly) Midoriya… You twisted the future…"

Izuku: "A-All Might said he would live! He said he couldn't face you… You should definitely see him again! See him, and- So… hang in there!"

The paramedics pushed him aside.

Paramedic 1: "We're in a hurry. Please stay back."

The paramedics loaded Nighteye into an ambulance and drove off.

Ryukyu: "Midoriya. There are many injured, so this isn't really the time to celebrate without restraint. But… (smiles) Thanks."

-----

The scene changes to a University hospital near the Hassaiki residence with Izuku being examined by a doctor.

Doctor: "I examined your whole body, but other than your arm, there seems to be nothing out of the ordinary."

Izuku: "Thank you very much."

Doctor: "But how did you end up with an arm like that-"

Izuku: "More importantly, where's everyone else?"

Aizawa suddenly entered the room.

Aizawa: "I went to check on them."

Izuku: "Mr. Aizawa! What about your injuries?"

Aizawa: "I had ten stitches. Come with me."

Aizawa and Izuku are now seen walking beside each other through the hospital halls.