Chapter 14

Present Mic: "This year's sports festival, both have shown top performance! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other!"

Both fighters got into a stance.

Present Mic: "Now-Midoriya versus Todoroki! Start!"

Todoroki didn't waste any time and launched an ice attack towards Izuku, but the green-haired boy flicked his finger, sending a powerful gust of wind towards the ice, breaking it and scattering all over the place, Todoroki formed an ice barrier behind him, stopping himself from going out of bounds.

Present Mic: "Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!"

Todoroki launched another ice attack towards Izuku but was stopped once again by Izuku.

Present Mic: "He stopped it again!"

Todoroki launched another ice attack but was deflected again, leaving some of Izuku's fingers swollen. Kirishima is then seen returning to the spectators area.

Kirishima: "It started?!"

Kuuga: "It barely started. Just in time."

Kaminari: "Kirishima, good job making it to the second round."

Kirishima: "Yeah, I'll be up against you next, Bakugo. Let's have a good fight!"

Bakugo: "I'll kill you."

Kirishuma: (laughs) "I'd like to see you try! But man, you and Todoroki can both shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground. Like "Bam!"."

Sero: "And you can do it with no time lag."

Bakugo: "I'm not shooting them off. Don't underestimate 'em. If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibers tear, and if you keep running, you'll run out of breath. Quirks are physical abilities too. They must also have some kind of limit."

Kuuga: "That's why the ideal approach is to develop your body and state of mind before developing your quirk. In that way, you can enhance your quirk with almost no struggle other than strains and minor injuries."

Kirishima: "If I think about it like that, I guess that makes sense… Then, against the instant-killer Todoroki, Midoriya wants…"

Kuuga: "An endurance match."

Izuku deflects another ice attack, damaging four fingers in his right hand, making Todoroki rush towards him to end the battle.

Present Mic: "Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!"

Izuku sends a stronger wind towards Todoroki, who jumped over it and tried to punch Izuku from the top of his head, but he dodged to the side, making Todoroki punch the ground. Izuku blasted a huge gust of wind with his left arm to try and put Todoroki out of bounds, but he used his ice to stop going out.

The half-hand-half sent out what was assumed to be his final ice attack, but Izuku blasted it away with his broken finger, making it purple. The others looked in surprise from the counter attack, Kuuga looked in shock at the display.

Kuuga: (mutters) "He's going all out…?"

Todoroki begins running towards Izuku but Kuuga notices the slowness.

Kuuga: "His movements are slow."

Todoroki leaps to punch Izuku, but he counters by punching Todoroki in the guts.

Present Mic: "A solid hit! We've got some action!"

Todoroki tries to launch another ice attack but it releases slower than usual.