Chapter 60

"Recognition doesn't matter.

With the sudden change of chapters reeks of disaster.

The sudden increase of lethality.

Can you be a Hero in that reality?"

-Arcane

-----

Arcane's eyes glow as black mist spikes shoot from the ceiling, forcing the other Nomu to fall to the ground. She jumps down, using her mist to ease her fall, and she lands, facing the Nomu on the busy street.

Arcane: "So you're the rumored Nomu, huh?"

-----

Arcane is seen face to face with the Nomu as the civilians in the street begin panicking and running away from the area. A few cloaked heroes are seen running towards her.

Cloaked hero 1: "Arcane! Allow us to assist!"

Arcane raises her hand, stopping them from advancing.

Arcane: "Only a few of you are assigned in Kyushu! Be efficient with our numbers!"

Arcane brings out her small shades and fixes her cap as her purple eyes narrow at the dark-looking Nomu.

Arcane: "Go and start making a perimeter, me and other heroes in the vicinity will try and resolve this Nomu situation."

Cloaked hero 1: "Roger! Everyone! Let's go!"

The cloaked heroes turned around, leaving Arcane in a standoff with the Nomu.

Arcane: (mentally) "An effective way of dealing with things like you, is disabling you first."

Here eyes glow as black mist appears and flows around the limbs of the Nomu.

Arcane: "Separate."

The mist shrunk and snapped all four limbs of the Nomu, making it lie to the ground. An explosion was heard as Arcane looked up to see the building she, Endeavor and Hawks were previously in, had a chunk of it cracked and was threatening to fall down towards the busy streets.

Arcane: "Tch…! That stupid reckless conflagration of a man…"

Arcane noticed multiple red feathers flying around the building and flying out civilians in the danger zone.

Arcane: "Not enough time…"

Arcane glares at the broken building and a barrier made out mist to delay the fall of the building. A small drop of blood seeps out of her eye as she walks towards the disabled Nomu and looks down at it.

Arcane: "From all the Nomu's seen, this is a new one… features are different… What are they up to now?"

The Nomu's limbs suddenly regenerated and smacked Arcane away towards a pole. The mist keeping the building's damage part from falling dissipates suddenly. Arcane looks up to see the Nomu standing in front of her from a distance.

Nomu: "You… think… your… mist… w-will… decapitate… me?"

She stands up, glaring at the Nomu, with blood on the side of her head.