71 - fresh start

Please vote and comment! I love reading what you have to say 🙏🏼❤️

———

You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes"

- 3 weeks later -

Aylin's POV

"That was the kitchen. And then we have the living room." I continue throughout my new apartment, "Which is... basically part of the kitchen."

"It's so small." I hear Luna murmur.

"Shh. It looks nice!" Dad interrupts, "It's enough space for one person. Is that a sliding door?"

I smile as I slide the curtain open, revealing my city view of Auckland with the harbor in the back. It's breathtaking in the day and serene at night. I've been taking advantage of my little balcony since it's Summer here, just soaking up the sun and reading in my bikini. 

"Looks like Lake Michigan." Mom mentions, "You should see the weather here."

She shows me the snow from the kitchen window, and I can gladly say I don't miss it. Weather like that keeps you inside. It's cold and miserable, unlike the warm and inviting weather here that makes me want to go out and explore.

"Bummer. Anyway, let me show you my room!" I walk through the small passage way, skipping my bathroom since my towels are lying around.

"Do you only have a sofa?" Luna inquires.

"It came with the apartment. Furniture is expensive!" I push my room door open, "And on that note, don't judge."

My room consists of nothing but my desk and mattress which is flat on the floor. The bed stand that came with the room is still standing up-right against the wall. There's no closets in this room. It's a two bedroom apartment, but since it's just me, I'll make the entire extra room my closet. I'll just get a railing. It'll work out cheaper after all.

"It looks tidy." Mom mentions.

"Yes, very clean." Dad adds on.

Luna laughs, "Can you go back to the kitchen and show us your fridge next?"

I hate that I can't prove her wrong, since my fridge is indeed as empty as my bedroom. Nothing but garlic bread, a fruit salad which is more like a kiwi salad, cucumber, butter and milk. Oh, and leftover pavlova that was way too sweet for my liking.

"Mom's already yawning. What time is it there?"

"Almost eleven." She responds, "What time is it there?"

"Almost four. In the afternoon."

"Really? The sun didn't make it obvious at all." Luna jokes.

"I'm definitely not gonna miss you." I counter, but we both know that's a lie, "Go to bed guys. I'll talk to you soon."

My parents greet me and head off to bed, leaving me and Luna to talk.

"When can I visit?"

"When I get settled in and have enough money since I barely have enough to survive on my own right now." I set the phone down to fix my hair.

"You can always borrow some from dad."

I narrow my gaze at her and she snickers.