28- policy

Aylin's POV

"So it's a hole in the wall." Zayn speaks up, earning a scowl from me since he promised to wait outside until I've finished the painting.

"You said you wouldn't come in!"

"It's my room." He mentions with a complacent look on his pretty face. God, I hate when he's smug. I'm always conflicted whether I should kiss or diss him.

"And you suggested I paint today, am I right?"

"Touché." He shoots me an innocent smile, "C'mon, you can take a break. Aren't you hungry?"

I laugh, "No, we ate an hour ago."

"Thirsty?"

"Nope."

"Tired?"

"No." I chuckle.

"But it's Saturday." He whines.

"I'm well aware of that." I respond as I continue painting fine details of the cracks. What I'm going for is a hole in the wall look where the Milky Way would be present in the center. I got the idea when Zayn mentioned a Star Wars themed room which also reminded me of the time I saw a NASA magazine at his aunt's place.

"The whole point of today was to spend time with each other." He reminds me, flashing me his best puppy eyed look which I refuse to give in to, "I've been looking forward to this day all week. How long is this gonna take?" He inquires as he wraps his tattooed arms around me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Let me finish the outline. It'll take ten minutes. I'm not used to working with a paintbrush for figurative art, so I don't wanna mess up in any way." I explain to him.

"Okay, well since I know this part of it is a hole, can I stay?" He questions, letting go of me to grab the palette knife I plan to use for the abstract part.

"No, you're distracting." I turn to face him.

"I'll be quiet. I don't know what else to do with myself." He inspects the painting tool in his hand.

"What were you doing in there?"

"Watching Deadpool for the hundredth time." He exaggerates, "I'm gonna take your spade thing if you don't join me since I know you're gonna need it."

"That would be a palette knife." I twist his hand and gently push the tip to his chest before grabbing it off him.

"Funny, that's what we call some kitchen knives in the UK, but over here, it's what this is called. Wait, so what do you guys call the kitchen one?"

"Zayn." I laugh, "Do you see what I mean? I'm trying to concentrate here."

"Fine, I'll be waiting in the living room then." He pulls out his phone then shows me the screen, "But I'm timing you." He points his finger at me as he backs out of the room.

"Ten minutes. I got it." I mirror his action until he's out of sight.

He's been in a good mood since I got here, which I'm glad for. I just hope that he'll be in the mood for the get together Clinton and I are planning for next week. I've already informed Zayn's neighbours there'll be a party that they're welcome to swing over to. Nobody seemed to have had a problem with it, so at least my main concern had been rid of. Clinton promised to provide games and entertainment, as well as invite their mutual friends, while Luke and I are organizing the drinks and snacks.

For the rest of the time I have to myself, I make sure to perfect the outline. I've never painted directly on a wall before, so this should be interesting. Hopefully it turns out okay. Zayn is as clueless as they come. He's been trying to guess what the finished product would be and kept getting it wrong. Since he mentioned a Star Wars themed room and I recall seeing a NASA magazine at his aunt's, it inspired me to do this.