45- love language

BEFORE YOU READ!!!!!! VOTE ON THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER (+this one) and enjoy 😘 x

~

Zayn's POV

"This the place?" Michael asks while I undo my seat belt, ready to jump right out as the car slows down in front of the carnival.

"Yeah, this is it." I open the door, smiling from ear to ear, "Thanks for the ride, man." I climb out and wave at all three of them before shutting the door.

They drive off and I turn around, speed walking to find the entrance. Since everyone is walking around the corner, I follow, only to be met with an exceptionally long queue for tickets.

It takes at least two minutes for me to take the smallest step, so I pull out my phone to give her a call. No way am I waiting for God knows how long.

"Are you here?" She asks. It's a simple question, but I can't stop smiling at the sound of her voice.

"Yeah, the line is killer."

"That's great!"

"Yeah, but I'm kinda stuck at the back of it." I chuckle slightly.

"Walk to the front. I'll tell one of the guys to let you in. Just give him your name."

And with that, she hangs up. I do as she says, passing the long line of people, young and old. I feel a bit bad for cutting the line, but I'm just too eager to see Aylin.

Once I'm in the front, some kid with a lanyard around his neck and a crew tag attached looks as if he's trying to find someone, so I approach him.

"Are you looking for Zayn?"

"Yeah."

"I'm him."

"Really?" He frowns, "She didn't say you were bald."

I scoff, placing a hand to my head defensively, "I'm not bald! It's a buzzcut."

He chuckles, "If you say so."

I follow the kid through the entrance which has two short pillars decorated in red and white with yellow and white balloons framing around to look like popcorn. Creative.

He leads me onto a green field which is already packed with people. Passing the classic carnival games and rides takes me back to when we'd go on family trips with several of my cousins. I'm still the king of Balloon Pop. I love it. Not to mention the food stalls with fresh kettle corn, caramel apples, funnel cake and cotton candy.

"By the green canopy." The kid points before walking off elsewhere.

I turn my head to my right where Aylin and her mum is serving whatever they made, but then those excited feelings I had turn to awful nerves.

I don't want to be smelling like cigarettes when I go over there, so I turn around and make a bee-line to the line for deep-fried pickles, because who doesn't love that? Mostly, I'm just stalling at this point.

Once I'm one person away, I realize that my breath would smell like pickles, which isn't any better - so I suck it up and leave the line, walking right over to the line for the green canopy.

From here, it looks like they're selling pretzels, snow-cones, corn on the cob and of course, fruit bowls. That's must have been her idea.

I fidget with the rings on my fingers, anticipating her reaction.

I spot Luna under the canopy briefly, but then she walks off with her friends, huge smile on her face. Then again, I don't think I've seen her without one. She always looks happy and knows how to light up a room.