6- ...and chill?

~

Aylin's POV

Grey knitted jumper, check. Black jeans and jacket, check. Ankle boots, check. I look at my reflection in the mirror, trying to decide whether I like my make-up or not. As if reading my mind, Luna walks in and grins at me.

"Date night! Thank to me!" She squeals, "Why aren't you wearing heels?"

I lied and told her that Zayn and I are going to grab a coffee. It sounds casual, no expectations and most importantly, I wasn't about to tell my sister that I'm going over to his house. It isn't like that, but I'm sure that's what she would assume.

"It's just coffee, Luna. Two people grabbing coffee, that's all."

"At Cloud Cafe?"

"No, somewhere else I think." I say calmly. Knowing her, she would find a way to sneak up on me. "Besides, he isn't much taller than me anyway."

"So why does height matter if this isn't a date?"

"It doesn't." I shrug and turn around to face her. "I just don't feel like wearing heels. Is my make-up good? Keep in mind, it's just coffee."

"Do a full face and a champagne eye shadow."

"No, I don't wanna do a full face." I tell her.

"You're right. You should save that look for when you two go to dinner."

I roll my eyes. "So is this fine?"

She examines my face. "Umm... some gloss. Everything else looks good. Your eyebrows, your eyeliner, your lipstick."

"What about my eyelashes?" I ask her.

"They're alright, but you should probably get it filled. It's starting to fall out."

"Already!?" I look in the mirror. "I got it done two weeks ago!"

"Stop crying and rubbing your eyes so much then. Boys are dumb, he won't even notice." She says, and I admit that she has a point. "Now gloss, it'll look pretty."

...

"Welcome to my aunt's humble home." Zayn holds the door open, inviting me in. The first thing I notice is that his hair is down rather than the usual up-do and he's wearing a grey hoodie and sweatpants. It's a good look on him. Then again, I'm sure you can make anything work if you're this good looking. "What's that about?" He asks, bringing me back to reality. He's looking at the packet of Doritos in my hand.

"I've been told I'm not the most hospitable person, so here." I hand him the packet, "I think I get it from my dad." I tell him, though I'm not sure why I just did.

He laughs though, which is good, I think. He then closes the door behind me and looks my way. "You didn't have to bring anything, but thanks. We can make nachos." He suggests. "Make yourself comfortable while I get the food." He tells me with a friendly smile on his face that actually makes me feel slightly more at ease. I don't know what to expect of tonight, but I'd be lying if I said my nerves aren't all over the place.

He leaves the room and with his presence elsewhere, I can finally sink back in the suede sofa and take a breath. Still, I find myself fidgeting and gnawing at my lip, probably ruining my lipstick and gloss too. Realizing that it's probably on my teeth, I quickly grab my phone to do a quick check before he returns. Thankfully, my teeth are clean and my lipstick is still in tact, but the gloss is slightly smudged below my lip.

Zayn walks in with three takeaway bags and sets it on the coffee table before me. I suck my lips in, hoping he doesn't notice the smudge. He merely smiles at me and lets me know that he's gonna grab the milkshakes.