58- perfect gift

Aylin's POV

It's crazy how the person you're with could impact your mood so much. Just hours after feeling high, we hit a low. I just feel so... numb after yesterday's fight. I don't think we've ever been that bad before.

Once we got back from the drive, we haven't spoke a word to each other, but there was an unspoken agreement to not make it obvious in front of his family. That I can respect.

I've been awake since nine and it's already eleven, but I don't see the point in getting up in a rush. His youngest sister already knocked on my door to bring me breakfast, but I pretended to still be asleep since I couldn't face her. Coward.

Luckily, I heard Zayn covering for me by telling her that I was still jet-lagged, but he didn't bother coming in here to check on me.

And why would he?

He's just as pissed off with me as I am with him, but what happens now?

Ugh.

I don't even know where to begin, because I know I have to apologize this time around, but at the same time, I'm still extremely annoyed with him about his comment comparing me to my dad.

Not to mention what he's done. I don't know how to feel about it. Did he cross a line if he didn't technically do anything, confessed, apologized and took precautions?

Then again, was it justified? Did I almost drive him to her because of my lack of affection towards him? I don't want to believe that, but...

It's something I've always struggled with, being affectionate, but it comes naturally to him. It's easy for him. I do love him. A lot. I just... struggle to express it.

We need to make this right, that's for sure, but where do we start?

Where do I start? I have a feeling he won't be the one to put his foot down first.

"Aylin?" Doniya knocks on the door before opening it, giving me no time to feign sleep.

"Hi." I greet her.

She smiles slightly, "Aren't you hungry?"

"Um, yeah." I sit up, "I am. I'll brush my teeth and meet you out there in a minute."

"Actually, we were thinking of getting some brunch and having a pamper party. Just us girls." She explains, "We could use the spa since we're closed."

Pamper party. Just the girls. That actually sounds nice.

"Oh." I smile, "Okay! I'll shower then."

"Okay." She chuckles, "Are you okay?"

I nod, "Of course."

"Just making sure." She closes the door behind her, and on that cue, I decide to get ready for the day.

...

"Did you like the French toast?" Waliyha asks me as I gently apply the face mask to her skin.

"I did. It was delicious."

"We used to go there all the time when we were younger." Doniya speaks up, so I turn my head to face her.

She's still busy with her youngest sister's nails while she sits back with cucumber slices over her eyes and earphones in her ears. Luna would have loved this.

"We still do. Zayn hates it."

"Why?" I question.

"He found out he had a peanut allergy there."