23- next step

Re-posting bc this chapter seems to cut short for some!

~

Zayn's POV

"My son-shine!" is the first thing mum says when she sees me. With arms spread wide, she walks over to me with a joyous smile which matches my own, "I've missed you so much!"

Leaning down slightly, I wrap my arms around her body, enjoying her motherly embrace which I've been deprived of for months. We sway from side to side, laughing at nothing in particular, just pure happiness and longing.

"I've missed you too, mum." I pull back and grab her suitcase for her before pressing a kiss to her cheek.

Next, I make my way over to dad who doesn't say much, nor does his expression give him away since it's blank most of the time. He's a master in card games, for obvious reasons. Although, upon seeing me, the corners of his lips curve up into a grin and he outstretches his arms for me.

"Pops." I give him a big, but brief man-hug. Every time I'm stoked over being taller than mum and all my sisters, dad towers over to humble me, "How have you been, dad?"

"Things have been great. How's things this side?"

"Just lovely." I smile, "Well, aside from missing you lot." I quickly add as I gesture towards my family.

Next, my eyes land on my older sister who leaps into my arms which is unlike her. She must have missed me just as much as I've missed her.

"Somebody missed me." I tease before hugging her back.

"I did, Z." Doniya admits, "I think you should move back."

I merely chuckle at her statement before grabbing her suitcase as well, "Where's the kids?" I inquire, referring to my two younger sisters.

"We're staying until Tuesday. They've got school." Doniya explains.

I find myself pouting. Of course I understand that education comes first, but I haven't seen them in what feels like ages. I've missed everyone terribly, so it would've been amazing to see them as well. Sighing, I decide to focus on the positive instead. My parents and older sister is here, which is more than good enough. I'll see my younger siblings soon.

Aunt Zileh occupies herself with my parents, catching up. I can't help but walk close to hear if she's going to spill the beans on the engagement she's been keeping a secret for so long. I for one can't wrap my head around how she's done that. Even I've been itching to tell people. She wouldn't even let me tell Aylin who has no connection to anyone we know. If it were me that was engaged, I'd be announcing it to the world. She deserves all the happiness and shouldn't have to keep it hidden in fear of judgement.

"Mum told me you're seeing someone." Doniya nudges me with a smirk on her face.

"Sort of, yes." I smile at the thought of Aylin. I hope she's feeling better and up for meeting my family today.

I made sure to send her a good morning text before I left, but she has yet to respond which means she's still asleep.

"Sort of?"

"We haven't made it official yet, but yes, we are seeing each other exclusively."

Doniya shakes her head at me, "You children. Why do you have to make everything so complicated?"

"Not me! I said the same." I agree, "She just wants to be sure and I really like her, so I'm willing to wait. She's worth it. Besides, it's just been slightly over a month since we first met and I don't wanna come on too strong."