90- countdown begins

Vote goals! 80 votes on the last chapter, 70 on this one 🙏🏼

Aylin's POV

The past few days have been nothing short of amazing. We cherished every second together and made tons of memories within the span of just five days. I've captured so many moments that my camera roll now has an additional 400 pictures for me to sort through.

But sadly, the day has arrived and our little rose-tinted time together is sadly coming to an end.

I swallow hard as I watch Zayn pack his things. He didn't come with much, so there isn't a lot of packing to do. That's also why I didn't offer to help. That'll speed up the process.

He tosses a pair of socks at me, smiling just slightly, "Don't look at me like that."

"My boyf- my fiancé," I correct myself, "is leaving today and I won't see him for five months. How am I supposed to look?"

"And five months is better than eleven months from now." He says in an attempt to make this hurt less. Unfortunately, I don't think anything he says will help. At least not today. It's too fresh. Even he doesn't sound convinced.

I lay back, groaning as I grab my phone to swipe through my pictures and distract myself for a moment, "I can't decide which one to post."

"Let me have a look." I hear him say before making his way over to the bed and lying down beside me, "I liked the one you took at the beach with the ocean in the back."

"Hmm... I was thinking about one with both of us." I ponder, looking his way, "What about this?"

It's a picture of Zayn giving me a piggyback ride, with my left hand covering his mouth. I don't remember what the conversation was about, but I'm laughing my ass off in the picture, so of course Zayn said something funny, whether it was intentional or not.

He smiles, "I like this one too."

"It's not like we're posing either. You're always telling me to shut up anyway."

I chuckle, "I'm posting it."

Since I didn't break the news to anyone yet, I figured I would do so in an Instagram post. Zayn kisses my head before getting back to packing, while I try to hold it together every time he touches me, knowing it'll be the last for a while.

Right now, I feel like my mission as soon as he leaves will be to find as many people in long distance relationships. I know it seems dramatic, but a sort of support group where everyone is going through something similar would feel less lonely.

I know, I sound crazy to me too.

Out of the two of us, Zayn's always been the one who was a little needier for lack of a better word. Slowly, it feels like that's been changing. I'm at a slight disadvantage what with me being in a whole other country, still finding my feet and getting to know people.

I glance at him again, watching as he folds his clothes. I should probably be a good girlfriend and help, but I can't get myself to. I can barely look at him without my chest feeling heavy.

The moments I catch him off guard, it's clear as day that he's not feeling as chirpy as he's letting on . While I appreciate him trying to be the strong one, he needs comforting too.

"Need some help?"

He looks my way, smiling, "You offering, lazy bones?"

I smile back, "I'm not lazy... I just don't want you to finish up."

"My flight's in seven hours. We still have some time together."

"Five hours." I state, "Then we'll have to leave for the airport. Which, by the way, do I have to be there for that?"