75- not what it looks like

Trying to get this story buzzing again with the regular updates. Can you guys get chapter 68 - 75 on 60 likes? ❤️‍🔥 pls and ty x

———

Zayn's POV

Caught in the act. Red-handed. Although I'm doing nothing wrong, it feels like I just committed a crime and the cops are waiting for me with cuffs ready.

Except, it's my ex girlfriend's little sister standing beside her tall crush who I'm starting to think is actually her boyfriend after all. That's besides the point.

This is the last place I'd expect to see anyone, especially Luna. It's a bar... what the fùck is she doing here? She's underage!

I hang up the phone and stride towards her, "Why are you here?"

Her eyes widen, "Me?! Are you kidding me right now?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose. I can't believe I'm about to use the most cliché line on her, but it must be said.

"It's not what it looks like."

She scoffs, like I thought she would, and looks behind me, "Who is that girl?"

"She's a friend. I'm not here alone with her." I begin to explain, pointing my hand out at Clint and the girls, "That's my friend over there and that's her friends. I was here with him and she was here with them."

She frowns, looking at me like she doesn't believe a word I'm saying, "And you two are sat at the bar. What does that look like?"

I hate being put on the spot. Sometimes, I'm able to wing it, but other times, I completely go blank. Tonight is one of those instances where my brain just can't formulate an intelligent response.

I grab her wrist gently and pull her aside, away from the tall fellow Jack who doesn't need to know my business.

"I just need a second." I lean against the wall, "My head's spinning."

To make it worse, Luna reveals her phone screen again, but this time there's a picture of me and Brook sat at the bar, snapped at a brief moment where we're both smiling. It looks bad. It definitely looks like a date, so there's no way for me to justify that.

"Well, what does it look like?" She scowls, shoving the phone closer to my face.

I sigh heavily, trying to keep my composure despite my heart doing gymnastics in my chest.

Her exam is done, so it's safe to tell her now. Aylin wanted to anyway. I didn't want to do it this way. I was hoping to ease out of their lives over time. I can't handle more abrupt occurrences in my life.

"Before Aylin left..." I look her in the eye, "We broke up."

In an instant, her features soften, then switches to complete shock, "What?"

"Yeah, which is why I haven't been myself lately. Why I haven't been over as much and all of that."

Her gaze falls to the floor, then she looks back up at me with a poker face, "So you are on a date then?"

I shake my head, "No, it really isn't a date. But we're not together, Luna. Aylin was going to tell you tomorrow. We didn't want you overthinking it when you had an important exam to focus on."

She purses her lips, looking down at the phone screen which still has that picture on it.

I feel somewhat relieved after explaining to her that I'm not cheating and neither am I on a date anyway... and yet, that picture still has me sweating.