64- know me better

Struggling to write a 2000 word essay but I just wrote a 3700 word chapter in one sitting 🚶🏻‍♀️ ENJOY ❤️

~

Aylin's POV

Turns out I wasn't the only one who needed a little break from everything despite it only being Tuesday. Zayn's had yet another stressful day at the clinic and has been struggling to read through his work for the billionth time. We've both been stuck in a rut individually, so date night was something we both looked forward to.

We're currently sat in a corner of an intimate, dimly lit bistro that I had in mind. I've seen pictures of their fresh bread baskets and seafood in the past, but never actually got a minute to stop by.

The place itself is cute, fancy but in no way over the top. Which is why I opted for my knit sweater which I've tucked into my skirt, and of course thigh-high boots to make the whole outfit come together. Zayn's got a sweater on of his own with a brown fur collar bomber jacket over. His jeans are black, like my skirt, and is ripped at the knees. In no way did we plan on matching, but it was a nice surprise. Besides, Zayn in ripped jeans is a very pleasant sight.

"Finally." He mutters under his breath as the waitress sets our garlic bread on the table. It's only been ten minutes since we've ordered.

I scoot his foot with mine, stifling my laugh as he rolls up his sleeves, "Thank you." I smile at her before redirecting my attention back at him.

"Thank you!" He repeats with wide eyes, despite her not being at the table any longer, "Can't tell you how hungry I am."

"I can tell." I break a piece off and inhale the aroma, appreciating the generous amount of garlic butter seeping into the soft part of the bread before biting into the textured crust. God, it tastes better than it looks.

Zayn, on the other hand, has two pieces in his plate which he quickly adds a pinch of Parmesan to before scarfing it down like an animal.

On our way here, he's been awfully quiet in the car which is undoubtedly not like him. I pointed it out, in which he brushed it off with being a bit hangry. He wasn't kidding.

He looks up at me, cheeks stuffed, shooting me a crinkly-eyed smile which leaves me laughing.

"What?" He covers his mouth with his hand, "It's delicious."

"It is." I pull my phone out, "And you're cute."

Naturally, he smiles like that again, until I'm pointing the camera at him.

"C'mon." I tilt my head slightly, "Quick pic."

"No." He frowns, stretching his fingers out as he blocks my view of him with his large palm, "Can't a man eat in peace?"

"Fine..." I snap a picture discreetly before shoving it back in my bag, "Grumpy old man."

He chuckles, reaching over for my piece and eats the remainder of it while I stare at him in disbelief.

"You gonna have any more of that?" He points to the plate in the middle of the table where three more pieces await.

"Uh, yes." I take two for myself before he can, but he merely laughs as he grabs the last piece, drizzling it generously with the rest of the Parmesan.

"Is it weird if I order appetizers to-go?" He questions, "Cause this bread is it."

"It really is." I take a bigger bite, savoring the taste as it melts in my mouth.