51- ups and downs

Aylin's POV

"Could I have one caramel frappe, please?" I retrieve my card from my purse, "With a double shot of espresso."

"Really, Aylin?" Shirley, the cashier, raises a brow at me, "How are you not trembling yet?"

"Not for me." I correct her, "For Luke. He's only coming in now and he's usually tired after his outings."

"That's adorable." She turns the card machine my way, "I'll never understand why you two haven't given it a shot yet."

Luke and I used to get these sort of comments all the time when we first clicked, but it's gotten to the point where neither of us even bother explaining our platonic relationship anymore.

I shake my head, "He's like a brother to me."

My eyes start wondering around the cafeteria just when one of the kitchen staff members hands someone a chocolatey drink topped with a brownie. I've eaten my healthy, low-carb lunch within the first hour that I got to work, then ended up ordering in a delicious high-carb, Alfredo pasta which I had delivered from The View. I know I probably shouldn't, but damn it, I deserve to indulge in some chocolatey goodness.

"What's that?" I inquire by Shirley.

"A mocha frappe. Want?"

"Please." I pull my card out, waiting for her to load the order on before reinserting it, "Oh, with extra chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Sorry."

She gives me a look, clearly annoyed, but she ends up chuckling, "Oh, God."

Once I've got both frappes, I head up to the office before Luke gets there and I take a seat in his chair while sipping on my cold beverage. He should be here any minute, but until then, I take my phone out to inform Zayn that I caved.

*You: Confession

*You: I had chocolate

After the crumpet breakfast yesterday, he revealed a box of chocolates for me, claiming that it must help with periods since most girls crave them. Me, being the stubborn girl I can be, decided to prove him and myself wrong by making a bet that I won't cave. In return, he said he wouldn't smoke a cigarette either.

*Zayn: HA

*Zayn: well i caved too

*Zayn: having a smoke break right now..oops

*Zayn: but only half!

*You: You're trying and that's all that matters

I can't be too harsh on him about that. He has been trying and at least he doesn't do it around me at all. Still, I was thinking him of getting him some sort of e-cigarette alternative, but dad's been going on about how they're worse. I don't know how true that is.

*Zayn: i really am

*Zayn: Side note: aunt Z's stopping by tonight so there'll be plenty to eat

*Zayn: please come by so i can spoil you all :)

I find myself smiling.

*You: Definitely. Love you :)

*Zayn: love you more x

He just keeps outdoing himself every time I think he can't get any more wonderful. It's been months now and I feel like it's safe to say that I'll never stop getting that warm feeling inside every time he's around or even texting me.

One thing that's been bothering me however, is that because he's so lovely and wonderful, he might just grow tired of me. He's assured me that he wouldn't, but it's still a concern of mine. He'd have no trouble finding someone whose needs and wants align with his, but for some reason, he believes I'm worth the effort still.