17- incoherent

"like a force of nature, it feels so natural" 🎶

Aylin's POV

"I really wish there was live music." Zayn speaks up while busying himself with the music on his laptop.

He already got the fireplace going, creating the perfect mood for us both to unwind after a fun night out. Once I've kicked my heels off, I bring the blanket over my lap, cozying up since the room hasn't been warmed yet.

"You look like a cocoon." He remarks, looking up from his laptop, "A cute little cocoon."

I chuckle, "If I fall asleep, would you mind?"

"Not at all, I'll join you." He takes a few strides toward me as old school soul starts playing softly in the background. "Make some room, will ya?"

I sit up, allowing the blanket to fall from my body. Zayn grabs me and lays back with my legs between his and my head rested on his robust chest.

"Now this is a date." He smiles, pulling the blanket over us both.

With us being so close, the scent of him fills my nostrils and I can't help but inhale deeper. He has a superb taste in cologne. I bury my face into his neck to get a better whiff and he sighs.

"Your nose is cold." He laughs, which is more like a giggle than anything as he tilts his head towards me, "And ticklish."

"You smell so good." I compliment him, resting my head on his chest again.

"It's my sweat."

I roll my eyes, "You're so full of it."

His chest vibrates beneath me, "Did you have a good time tonight?"

"Yeah." I respond, closing my eyes briefly as we share body heat. Though tonight was enjoyable, I prefer this by a long shot. "I think casual is more our thing."

"I think so too." He agrees, combing his fingers through my hair in a soothing manner.

"Thank you for spoiling me though." I look up at him.

"Anything for you." He tilts his head my way, both of us leaning in for a brief kiss which never fails to turn me to mush.

"So what happened to that movie?" I question. It seems I forget about things when I'm around him often, though I can't be too hard on myself. Anyone who wouldn't get lost in him deserves a medal.

"Thought we'd listen to some jams instead." He turns his head and shuts his eyes, showing off his magnificent side profile with sculpted cheekbones and the jaw to match. His bottom lip plumps out and it's just now that I realize how long his eyelashes are. "Besides, we'd be talking the whole time, knowing us."

"You're right." I bite my lip, still admiring how beautiful he looks in this light.

We lay still as minutes pass, comfortably so. The sound of the wood crackling in the background making everything all the more relaxing. Had it not been for Zayn glancing at me every other minute, I would've sworn he fell asleep.

"Your staring is a bit creepy." He teases.

I scoff, "I was looking at the fire."

"Sure you were." He wraps both arms around me and holds me tighter, "For a future date, we're doing exactly this, but in onesies, deal?"

I chuckle at the thought of Zayn in an animal onesie. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually had one, "Deal."

"And a little indoor picnic. Hopefully by that time, I'd be moved into my new apartment."